SQL IN VBA Syntax error (Between operator without And in Query expression) (1 Viewer)

sphynx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:32
Ive done a good 4 hours of googling and searching to no avail so would appreciate some direction.

I have the following code:-

Code:
Private Sub Command71_Click()
Dim SDate, FDate As Date

Me.Text74 = Me.DTPicker7 - 1
SDate = Me.Text74

Me.Text76 = Me.ActiveXCtl68 + 1
FDate = Me.Text76

DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT Process_Tbl.ProcessID, ProductDetail_Tbl.ProductCode, Process_Tbl.BatchNo, Product_Tbl.ProductDesc, " & _
             "Process_Tbl.PkgDate, (((Process_Tbl!BatchNo*ProductDetail_Tbl!SliceBatch)/ProductDetail_Tbl!SliceUnit)" & _
             "*ProductDetail_Tbl!Sales£) AS Sales£, [Sales£]*[WasteTarget] AS WTarget£, [TWasteSlices]/" & _
             "((Process_Tbl!BatchNo*ProductDetail_Tbl!SliceBatch)-[TWasteSlices]) AS [TWaste%], [Sales£]*[TWaste%] AS TWaste£, " & _
             "ProductDetail_Tbl.WasteTarget, [WasteTarget]-[TWaste%] AS [WDiff%], [TWaste%]-[PW%] AS [OgW%], [Sales£]*[OgW%] " & _
             "AS OgW£, IIf([TWaste%]>[WasteTarget],[WasteTarget],[TWaste%]) AS [PW%], [Sales£]*[PW%] AS PW£, " & _
             "Process_Tbl!PDSamples+Process_Tbl!QCSamples+Process_Tbl!MDSamples AS TSample, " & _
             "(((ProductDetail_Tbl!SliceBatch*Process_Tbl!BatchNo)-[TSample])/ProductDetail_Tbl!SliceUnit)-Process_Tbl!ITSCount " & _
             "AS TWasteSlices, Process_Tbl.ITSCount, Process_Tbl.Employee, Process_Tbl.WasteNote, Process_Tbl.Size, " & _
             "Process_Tbl.Finish, Process_Tbl.Colour, Process_Tbl.Weight, Process_Tbl.Dropped, Process_Tbl.ForeignBody, " & _
             "Process_Tbl.MachineDamage , Process_Tbl.Consistency, Process_Tbl.PDSamples, Process_Tbl.QCSamples, " & _
             "Process_Tbl.MDSamples, Process_Tbl.Rewraps, Process_Tbl.Spare, Process_Tbl.Short, Process_Tbl.Extra, " & _
             "Process_Tbl.MSSamples, Process_Tbl.ManDate, Process_Tbl.PProductID " & _
             "FROM Product_Tbl INNER JOIN (ProductDetail_Tbl INNER JOIN (ShiftCalc_Tbl INNER JOIN Process_Tbl " & _
             "ON ShiftCalc_Tbl.ShiftDate = Process_Tbl.PkgDate) ON ProductDetail_Tbl.ProductID = Process_Tbl.PProductID) " & _
             "ON Product_Tbl.ProductID = ProductDetail_Tbl.ProductGroup " & _
             "WHERE (((Process_Tbl.PkgDate) Between #" & SDate & "#" & " And #" & FDate & "#)) ;"

Me.Child52.Requery

End Sub

But keep getting the following syntax error and cant work out where I am going wrong!

Run-Time error '3075':

Between operator without And in query expression

'Product_Tbl.ProductID = ProductDetail_Tbl.ProductGroup WHERE (((Process_Tbl.PkgDate) Between #26/11/2009#'.

JANR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:32
"WHERE (((Process_Tbl.PkgDate) Between #" & SDate & "#" & " And " & #" & FDate & "#)) ;"

Looks like you have missed the closing " to seperate AND, try an add what's marked in RED

JR

MStef

Registered User.
Local time
Try next:
.....Between #" & [Forms]![FormName]![FieldName] & "#" & "And #" & [Forms]![FormName]![FieldName] & "#)) ;"

sphynx

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the quick response but unfortunately that gives me the following error

Compile Error
Expected: End of Statement

sphynx

Registered User.
Local time
MStef, unfortunately your suggestion gives me the following error:

Runtime error '2342':
A RUNSQL action requires an argument consisting of a SQL Statement

Any other suggestions would be most welcome

JANR

Registered User.
Local time
Runtime error '2342':
A RUNSQL action requires an argument consisting of a SQL Statement

Should have seen this first, you can't use Docmd.RunSql againt SELECT statements only INSERT INTO, UPDATE, DELETE etc.

You can however assign this SQL-string to a recordsource of a form, listbox,combobox. It depends on what you want to do.

JR

Last edited:

sphynx

Registered User.
Local time
I need to filter a query via a date range from within a form among with other criteria.

I can link the query to combo boxes for certain criteria but could not get it work for the date range

I was hoping to do this via VBA & SQL on hitting the filter button to change the query, Hence the FDate & SDate variables in my code. Basically I was going to rebuild the whole query to suit the date criteria entered.

Im not sure where to go with this now!!!

Any ideas would be welcome

JANR

Registered User.
Local time
To assign a SQL-String to a RowSource or RecordSource you can something like this:

Code:
Private Test_Sub()
Dim strSQL As String
  strSQL = "SELECT.........."
  Me!RecordSource = strSQL
  Me!Requery
End Sub

JR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom