SQL integration into MS Dynamics CRM (1 Viewer)

GSTEEL320

Local time
Yesterday, 19:12
Hello all,

I've had a quick look over the forum and appreciate that this has been asked before.

We are introducing MS Dynamics (CRM) into the business this year.

My plan is to have a read/write access between our SQL server and CRM. We will incorporate a read-only link to the server initially, which I understand to be a pretty straight forward (lets hope so, fingers crossed). I intend to use Access as a front end, to display the shared SQL table in due course .....

Apparently, it can be done, but I was wondering whether anyone on here had any experience ?

If not, I'm happy to update this thread as I go along.....

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:12
I don't have experience with CRM but we do use the Dynamics GP accounting package. Linking the SQL Servers together shouldn't be a problem, I'm still linked to our GP server from our production SQL Server. I needed help figuring out the table structure. I can poke around with the best of them, but how do you figure out that SOP10100 is the table you want for sales header data? Hopefully CRM has more intuitive table names.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:12
I also found the Dynamics GP table structure was interesting when working with it.
Anything to do with commercial accountancy applications appears to be really unintuitive, it is like doing a Harry Potter class in the "Dark Arts"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom