SQL Server migration OLE objects (1 Viewer)

Jack975

Local time
Today, 00:12
Hi everyone,

I am currently moving our access database over to SQL. I have used the "SQL server migration assistant for access" and it seems to have worked well apart from our Documents table.

It has converted the OLE Object access data type into a varbinary(max) and now the documents won't open when we try to access them via our new C# based code.

I have been searching for a few days, so if anyone has any pointers for how to correctly convert this varbinary(max) into a usable file format, it would be helpful.

Just to note, the end goal for migration is to convert these into OLE Object files and store them all in blob storage.

Thanks,
Jack

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:12
BTW. SQL Server has some awesome capabilities that make working with files really simple.

There is an enhancement on FileStream called FileTable that also manifests the tables as a folder structure in the Windows file system. Records can be added and removed through the folders.

A vast range of filetypes stored in FileStream can be accessed for a Full Text Index providing a contextual search capability. Queries can list files having occurrences of words and their grammatical variants (eg plurals and other tenses) and combinations of multiple words separated by a specified maximum distance in the file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom