Solved SQL Server table editing in MS Access impossible (1 Viewer)

swpps

Local time
Today, 15:39
Good afternoon, just registered at this forum and I have a question already!

I have a table in SQL Server that I try to edit from within MS Access. This is not possible. I get the message:

"[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Parameter information is missing from a user-defined type. (#0)"

Maybe because the table contains a geometry type field, that Access does not support, I have this problem. I made a view of the table in SQL Server, without the geometry field, but still no editing possible in Access.

Strange enough, in QGIS (geographic information system software) there is no problem at all editing the table.

How to be able to edit such a table in MS Access?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:39
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

When you link the view to Access, did you select a unique field? If not, you'll have to.

swpps

Local time
Today, 15:39
That did the trick! Thanks! Is there a system in this forum to upvote or accept a useful answer? Or just give you a like?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:39
That did the trick! Thanks! Is there a system in this forum to upvote or accept a useful answer? Or just give you a like?
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. I think the Like or Love is a vote for me. I am not sure if there's a vote for the thread. But, there is an option to mark it "solved." Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom