SQL Server to bypass Group Policies (1 Viewer)

kevnaff

Local time
Today, 23:45
Hi All.

Our IT department are impossible to work alongside with and are regularly introducing new hurdles for me to get around. The latest is that I am getting network interruption messages when accessing our shared network drive, multiple times per user per day. I have been reading up a bit about using sql server as my backend and it seems like it could be a good fit.

I have downloaded the SQL migration assistant and attempted to import in my database. When doing so I get the following message:

1632739292147.png

As I'm a complete beginner to all of this, I was hoping somebody may be able to shed some light on why I may be getting this error message?

Thanks

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:45
I note that you have yet to receive a reply to your question, hence I am pumping it up the list...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:45
Oh, do I ever know about this situation.

You cannot fix this. You need to go to the person who wants certain work done and point out that the IT department has become SO secure that they have blocked progress on a given project. You must get someone in your company who has political clout to head-slam your IT department a few times to get their attention.

I worked with the U.S. Navy, not known for being lax about security, for over 28 years. Whenever IT got in the way, we had to talk to the project managers and explain what was happening and why their projects would be jeopardized. You cannot solve this with technology. You must solve it with politics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom