Stepping Down (1 Viewer)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 08:54
Hello,

Now that our once mostly-absent owner is around more often, I see no point in staying on as Admin/Mod or in any other capacity when it relates to maintaining the forum. I'm sure the salary hit will be devastating, but I'll manage. :)

The truth is, I don't see the point in staying on. Jon's around more now than ever and it's his forum. He can take it from here.

Thanks!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Sorry that you will be stepping down. I still hope that you will remain active on the forum.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:54
Thanks @Vassago for your contribution to this forum over the years. Both I and I'm sure many members are grateful.

I encourage all to show their appreciation for Vassago's contriibution by Liking his post and replying to this thread.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Understand the why but hope you will hang around - perhaps nudge Jon occasionally :)

• Wow
Reactions: Jon

Vassago

Local time
Honestly, I'm just not in Access work anymore. My company bans its use and has for a few years now. I'm focused on SQL, SAS, and SSRS these days. I'm sure my absence for days at a time has been noticed. It's not fair to the community, mods, or Jon for me to stay on. Who knows what the future may hold? This isn't my first time stepping down. If I end up with another Access job, I'll probably be back around again. :)

Thanks everyone!

Vassago

Local time
And I will definitely pop in from time to time.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Always welcome Vassago!

Vassago

Local time
Damn it's gettin real now.

Don't know what that means. This was completely my decision unrelated to anything going on here. I'm just not around as much as I used to be since my job left Access behind. It seemed like it was time to do so with Jon back around more.

Vassago

Local time
Seems I've lost my VIP status as well. Maybe an oversight? I thought I'd at least still qualify for that. :p

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:54
Hey Vassago, my comment was in light of everything going on at AWF it seems like an exodus of the old the timers.
You have always been fair to me even if I didn't deserve it.

Take care!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Seems I've lost my VIP status as well.

I'm not sure it's a good idea that you step down as from your comment, it appears that Jon could do with some technical help!

All joking aside, I've sat here for an hour trying to think of something witty and/or ironic to say, beyond the usual platitudes, and can't.

Best wishes in your endeavours, and thanks for all the fish.

• Wow
Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Seems I've lost my VIP status as well. Maybe an oversight? I thought I'd at least still qualify for that. :p
Ah, I will check that for you. I will fiddle with the settings. Let me know if it gets resolved or not.

Edit: Should be sorted.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:54
Ah, yes, Douglas Adams. Derived from the idea that the MOST intelligent creatures on the planet are dolphins. Therefore, they would enjoy the fish.

I still like his method of flying without an aircraft. All you have to do is throw yourself at the ground - and miss.

Vassago

Local time
I'm not sure it's a good idea that you step down as from your comment, it appears that Jon could do with some technical help!

All joking aside, I've sat here for an hour trying to think of something witty and/or ironic to say, beyond the usual platitudes, and can't.

Best wishes in your endeavours, and thanks for all the fish.

I always knew you were a dolphin.

Now where'd I put my towel?

Vassago

Local time
Thanks everyone! I feel good about it.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Hey Vass! You and me go back many many years. There have been a few ups and downs, but you have always been fair and when necessary, you have faught my corner when I was banned (on several occasions). Over the years there have been two or three people who have just wound me up and some of my comments have been near the knuckle.
Anyway, good luck and it's great that you are not stopping totally coming here.
I don't post much here now because mostly I don't understand what people are talking about, obviously it's mostly USA orientated, which is fine for the newer generation I suppose, but now I'm old I have little interest in some of the topics here, unlike the old days when we started.
Thanks for all you've done for me and stay in touch
Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom