Stop Auto size column width (1 Viewer)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:51
Nope - it is really annoying.
I never use layouts / or any of the other "newer" features for form presentation but it just happens. Automagically and frustratingly.
In this case, the Layout only affected the "columns" when the header was resized by typing a new text in the label. Otherwise, labels still auto-resize on their own with or without a layout applied to them. I don't know if it can be turned off either.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:51
My labels retain their size so I'm having a problem trying to reproduce this.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
My labels retain their size so I'm having a problem trying to reproduce this.
Interesting... There must be a certain set of situations when it does the auto-resize, but it definitely exist. I mean, I have seen it happen and can consistently reproduce it on the forms where it happens, but not on others.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Interesting... There must be a certain set of situations when it does the auto-resize, but it definitely exist. I mean, I have seen it happen and can consistently reproduce it on the forms where it happens, but not on others.
This didn't work earlier, but now it does (for me).
  1. Create a new blank form and add a label
  2. Make the label size wider than the caption text
  3. Adjust the caption text a few times to verify the size of the label doesn't change
  4. Change the text alignment to Center
  5. Adjust the caption text again to see if the size changes this time
When I tried the above earlier, nothing happened. But now, I see something happening.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:51
Not sure how I remove the Layout and keep my column headers and values aligned
have you actually removed layout? You do so in form design view by selecting all controls (ctrl-A), click on the arrange tab and then click on the remove layout button

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom