Strange Combobox Behaviour in Access 2007 (1 Viewer)

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:16
Here's a new Access 2007 problem I encountered today:

- Create a continuous form bound to some data
- Put a combo box in the form header. Make sure the combo box is bound to some data source
- Copy a line of data and try to past it into a new record. This should be a really simple task like it is in other versions of Access
- You will see garbage characters enter themselves in the combo box and the program will issue the error that you have to select an item from the list.

As I say, no other version of Access has this problem. Has anyone else seen it or know why it's happening, or how to prevent it?

Thanks

SHADOW

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:16
Sounds like your paste is coming from a different character set from what Access is expecting. What is the souce of the clip?

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:16
Sounds like your paste is coming from a different character set from what Access is expecting. What is the souce of the clip?

It's just a row of regular data. Remember, I never entered the comboboxes on the top, in fact, I set them to not be a tab stop just to be sure.

I will point out that this does not happen with the same file in previous versions of Access, and I tried it on three computers with Access 2007 and I got the same thing.

Has anyone tried this out...?

SHADOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom