Strange white line showing on (1 Viewer)

Cark

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:01
I have been designing a Form in MS Access for a while and whilst I was moving items about and changing their colours, I noticed that one of my Labels was showing a white line down the left hand side of the box.

I tried checking all the border properties and couldn't spot where this white line was coming from.

Anyone have any idea? I have attached and example of the phenomenon. It doesn't seem to happen in Design View, but does in Layout / Form View.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.9 KB · Views: 96
  • TableShowingWhiteLine.accdb
    840 KB · Views: 62

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:01
go to design view and remove the layout grouping
right click, layout, remove

Cark

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you. Are you able to explain what the Layout Grouping does and why it is causing this weird white line? I haven't been able to find anything on Google to enlighten me.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
If I'm not mistaken, layout grouping allows you to move a block of controls as one. Perhaps there are other things you can do to a group but I don't know. Since I often want to move only one, and can select any number of controls to move when I want more than one, I've come to really dislike grouping and usually remove it as soon as I"m aware of it, thus I have little experience with it. IIRC, it's a byproduct of creating a form using a wizard. My guess is that the line is supposed to clue you in that it's part of a group, but sorry to say I can only guess about many of the feature's annoyances.

Cark

Registered User.
Local time
Further to the previous issue, I am trying to completely overhaul the way I lay things out on the Form as some parts were in a Table Layout and others were floating.

Attached is the example layout I have used, however it is causing an issue with the Departmental Notes and the Sub Form FrmSubOverlappingTasks which appears to have a thinner width than the other cells in the table.

How do I get the Departmental Border to align with the border for Applicable Positions?

Attachments

• BordersNotWorkingCorrectly.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    78.4 KB · Views: 85

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
try changing the subform control width (not the form) to 10.3847". Set the border to 2 points and Left to 0.1667"
You might try doing away with the subform control and subform borders and give a little real estate around all the controls (left, right, top, bottom) on the main form and align the the controls. Whatever colour you have for the form background can serve as the border. If it looks too flat, put solid rectangle(s) behind everything, including the subform control, add an effect to the rectangle(s) such as 'sunken'.

This isn't perfect using what you're doing but it's close. Not all borders seem to have the exact thickness.

Attachments

• Cark.jpg
    Cark.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom