Sub form not updating (1 Viewer)

Gavx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:42
On my main form (fmTransactions) there is a tabbed control containing a variety of subforms. One of the subforms (sbfTransactions) is based on a query (qryTransByAmnt) . This query has two criterion referencing fmTransactions. One criteria is "only return transactions within 30 days of the date of the transaction listed on fmTransactions" and the other criteria says "only return transactions where are equal to the transaction amount listed on fmTransactions".

When tabbing through transactions on fmTransactions with sbfTransactions showing, sbfTransactions should update for each transaction. But sometimes it doesn't and I cannot figure out why. It seems to happen when I open fmTransactions and sbfTransactions is active but no records returned because the query cannot find transactions that satisfy the criterion. I would have thought qryTransByAmnt should return no records, but instead the very first record in the table is returned. And then when I tab to the next record on fmTransactions I would expect qryTransByAmnt should refresh - but it doesn't.

I have tried Refresh On_Current on sbfTransactions but that doesn't have any effect.

Anyone know what could be wrong?
Thanks

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:42
Requery the subform instead of Refresh it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom