Sub-form to display always (1 Viewer)

tmyers

Local time
Today, 16:43
I just noticed a minor annoyance with one of my sub-forms. It displays all financials for a job. However, when a job is new and doesn't have any data yet, the sub-form disappears. That makes sense as the query behind it has no data.

Is there a way to always have it display regardless? I double checked the display when property and it was already set to always. Not sure if this is something I would have to force with code or not.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:43
Hi. Is the subform only used to display existing data and not for adding new ones?

tmyers

Local time
Hi. Is the subform only used to display existing data and not for adding new ones?
Correct. So when a job is new, there is technically no data but I would still like the sub-form to display if possible just to show it is in fact there.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:43
Correct. So when a job is new, there is technically no data but I would still like the sub-form to display if possible just to show it is in fact there.
In that case, maybe you could use a UNION query as the record source for your subform. You may have to play with the linked fields also.

Or, another idea is to allow additions for new records but disable the subform, so they can't enter any.

tmyers

Local time
In that case, maybe you could use a UNION query as the record source for your subform. You may have to play with the linked fields also.

Or, another idea is to allow additions for new records but disable the subform, so they can't enter any.
I will tinker with those options and see what happens.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom