Subform footer total sum not working (1 Viewer)

exebat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:18
Hi all,

A have a strange problem from couple of days ago.

I have a main form and subform (Continuous Form) that has a Textbox in Form footer that Sums one of the fields on the form (Total field = QTY x Price).

It stopped working just like that.

I also have an older backup of the same subform with the same field names, same record source that works just fine when I put it on same main form.

One more strange thing is that I created a new test Subform with just 3 fields and it also wont work but the backup works fine.

I am using Microsoft® Access® 2021 MSO (Version 2205 Build 16.0.15225.20028) 32-bit with SQL Server as backend

And one more thing - SUM field works when I add a new record or delete a record and on Requery but when I change the price or quantity for example it wont refresh. And not just that but all summary fields wont refresh on record edit on current and new form but work just fine on backup form.

Current form

CurrentForm.png

Backup form

BackupForm.png

New test form

NewTestForm.png

I tried deleting all the code from the form as i dont need it for this operation but it makes no difference.

I tried repairing Office, updating Windows and Office, Decompiling and repairing database, exporting form to text file and importing it back - nothing worked.

Do you have any ideas what might be the problem ?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:18
Objects can become corrupted for any reason. If you're form became corrupted, maybe the only solution is to replace it.

exebat

Registered User.
Local time
Objects can become corrupted for any reason. If you're form became corrupted, maybe the only solution is to replace it.
Yes and thats why I created a new one with just 3 fields and it performs the same :(

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
One more strange thing is that I created a new test Subform with just 3 fields and it also wont work but the backup works fine.
But I was suggesting to replace it with a working backup. No need to recreate it from scratch.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yes and thats why I created a new one with just 3 fields and it performs the same :(
That could be a sign of a bigger corruption problem than just that one form. Let's hope not.

exebat

Registered User.
Local time
That could be a sign of a bigger corruption problem than just that one form. Let's hope not.
I just tried importing everything in new empty database and the problem still persists

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:18
Maybe you should provide your db for analysis. Follow instructions at bottom of my post.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I just tried importing everything in new empty database and the problem still persists
But you keep saying the backup copy works, so why not just use it? What are we missing?

exebat

Registered User.
Local time
The backup form is couple of months old. If I just use it as it was it works, but if I copy/paste it and try to make any modifications to it, it stops working for no reason.

I lost 5 days trying to solve this and I ended with

Me.Recordset.Requery

in Form_AfterUpdate event.

It forces subtotal to refresh without losing form record position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom