subform help (1 Viewer)

mcalex

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:43
hi all
i want to make a continuous form but i don't know if i need a subform. I have a form set up with 1 record that I want to repeat for all the records in a query, so it becomes one long page with a line separating each record. There isn't a lot to each record, basically a couple of (readonly) labels on 'line' 1 and underneath a text box and a couple of toggle buttons, and below that a checkbox with some text.

The user comes to this form after running a query on a previous form, and clicking an Edit button if the data needs changing. I originally had it set up to only open my form at the record in the listbox selected in the previous form, but this is inefficient, if a lot of rows in the listbox need changing.

What do i do to repeat the form a number of times, depending on the rows returned in the query? I'm not sure if i need a subform or not, but i haven't done one of these before . . . so i'm a bit clueless

many thanks
mcalex

mcalex

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:43
lol found continuous form option - thought you needed to have subforms set up to do that.

don't worry about this one.
apologies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom