subform in tab Control greyed out when no records (1 Viewer)

silentwolf

Local time
Yesterday, 18:38
Hi guys,

unfortunatelly I am stuck with an issue on a tab control issue.

I have a tab Control wich holdes two Sub forms sfmDocuments liked to sfmDocumentDetails.

Unfortunetelly I had a issue with my form in general and had to delete one tabControl and now I have the problem that when there are no records in the sfmDocuments or in sfmDetailDocuments that in sfmDetailDocuments the form is greyed out.

When there are records it showes all records without any problem.

I tried already with all the linked to and linked and all seams ok so I am a little stuck with finding a solution to that problem.

I know this is not easy to guess but maybe someone had a similar issue and can put me on the track to find the issue.

Many thanks

Albert

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 09:38
maybe you have Master/Child Link Fields on the subform and at the same time set the AllowAdditions to No.
if there is no Related record on the master record your subform will be blank and you cannot enter it (since AllowAdditions is set to No).

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:38
If the AllowAdditions property is set to No, the form will be gray when it is empty since it cannot allow the entry of new records.

silentwolf

Local time
Yesterday, 18:38
Hi sorry guys did not see your replies!
I do appologies for that!
Was not ment to be rude!!

Thanks for explaining and most likely that was the issue you discribed I created a new form to terminate the issue.
But thanks for your explaination will keep it in mind!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom