SubForm with calculated fields (1 Viewer)

ProgramRasta

Local time
Today, 16:59
Hello All

I am very new to Access and I hope some of your experience and knowledge can help me out.

I have a main Form called 'Orders' that can have 'OrderTypes' that are constantly being updated.

I am looking to create a subform (sub form will be a pop out window) linked to the main form that will show these order types and the number of items per OrderType.

If I was to create a simple query, I would group by the OrderType and then do a count function on it.

Is there a way this can be done through a subform where the information is updated through the main form and refreshes?

If you could provide a sample database or point me in the right direction, I would be forever grateful.

Thank you.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 11:59
If this is a main form subform (I have no idea what you mean by pop out window) then link the subform by orderType. You may have to requery the subform, but most likely it will update on the on current event.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:59
You could try taking your query and making a form out of it. You can then call this form as a popup from your main form. Is that what you're asking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom