Suggest a movie to watch (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 06:21
Yes that is true that is why the largest Chinese cities are now nothing but cities and they used to be farmland. China has no farmland anymore!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 04:21
The slow but sure elimination of unskilled jobs seems inevitable, alongside continued technological advances of any given nation.
Fewer jobs in menial labor, more jobs in technology. Or is that not true, since technologies will always depend on the next wave of manufacturing, which will inherently be low-tech at the early & mid stages?

I guess the important question just becomes how we manage that new economy..

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:21
Honestly, buying undeveloped land on the outer edge of a metro area that you know is rapidly expanding is probably a great investment just give it time.

I'm the guy who would do that, and the town would expand in the opposite direction. 🤬

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:21
My grandmother bought a dozen properties around New Orleans during the great depression, mostly tax sales. My dad and his brothers managed to get rid of eleven of them. I'm stuck with one that NOBODY wants. In over 30 years, I've had one call and when they guy found out where it was, he backed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom