Sum(column) in footer on continuous Form not updating. (1 Viewer)

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 15:36
Hi,

My form is setup with Continuous view, with data feeding from a table. The structure is straighforward (excel style). AgentID, workHrs, holidayPaid, holidayUnpaid, sickHrs etc. The structure is not normalized, and I know the risk. This is basically only for human interpretation, not really a structure that will cause instability or patched up working of the DB.

I have the continuous form view, so it can be viewed in one single display, I have placed a Totals at the footer, which is populated by nothing but a simple = Sum(columnName). This works great in most of the computers, except one. My boss's computer. Which is where it actually needs to work. I am baffled, because I have tested it on almost every single computer in my office, everyone's work. Just his computer is playing up. I am unable to pin point the problem. The status bar keeps going "Calculating..." but even after giving it a solid 5 minute it does not seem to work !

Any suggestions?!?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Hi Paul,

Being the boss, is he looking at the data slightly differently? If so, perhaps he is picking up a record which is corrupted?

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Hi Chris,

No ! I use the exact date range he is looking at, I even went through the hassle of checking the table entries, no columns are corrupted, data is intact, no nulls. All numeric (double) values, atleast a 0 is a place holder ! Nothing is much different. :confused:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
OK, usual things - same version of windows/office/upgrades, connected to network by cable rather than wireless.

Are you able to put a development copy front end on the bosses computer and try running the form recordsource as a query.

Try rebuilding the form from scratch.

Have you tried Decompile/Recompile

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
same version of windows/office/upgrades
As far as Software is concerned, it is exactly the same. Its just his hardware, bit more RAM, advanced Graphics etc. I do not think that would have any effect. Although higher RAM should have higher processing, but not the other way around.
connected to network by cable rather than wireless.
Cable ! Tested and working fine without any errors.
Are you able to put a development copy front end on the bosses computer and try running the form recordsource as a query.
Will give this a shot. Then I will think of going into rebuilding and Decompile. Thanks for the support ! :)

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:36
Have the Control name as txtControlName and the actual field in the table ControlName.

Other than that could I see a snap shot of the form that shows where the Sum is located.

Hope this is of sum help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom