Sum if based on a field with lookup values (1 Viewer)

mari_hitz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:28
Hi everyone,

Hope you are great. I am contacting you because I have an issue. I have a table with the list of tasks we perform in our team. I have a column named "Visa Type" in which I have to insert the type of visa for which we perform the task and then I have another column named "Transactional Time" in which we insert the amount of time in minutes that tasks is performed.
The objective of this database is to determine how many time a task takes to be done based on the visa type. I would like to obtain a table like this:

Visa Type Time to Complete the task
Complex Assignment 10
Business Visitor (visa national) 29
Business Visitor (non-visa national) 15

It is really easy to do, however there are several tasks that are the same and they are done for all the visas types, not one. So I would like that the time that it is included in that task to be sum up to each visa. I don't want to create a row for each visa for the same type. I thought something like an Sum and an Iff combined, however, the visa type field I made it a look up value that allows multiple values. Since for calculations the field "Visa type" does not appears available because of its property, I had made the field "Visa Type" as text and then created a relationship between the field and a table named "Visa Types" hoping that I could make a form with the field on a combo box and that the box could allow multiple values. (I want to decrease errors at the time of data entry so that's why I want a combo box or something so people can choose form options instead of writing it themselves)

I don't know if I made myself clear, but I would like to obtain the table that sums up the time that takes to obtain each visa and for the visa field to have options to choose like a drop down with various values allowed.

I have attached a copy of my database below.

Attachments

• ExampleDatabase.accdb
    1.8 MB · Views: 168

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom