Supabase - Looks Interesting! (1 Viewer)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:30
Tony,
I await your videos on this new topic.
Have you tried it?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:30
Tony,
I await your videos on this new topic.
Have you tried it?

I wish I had the time Jack!

I'm refurbishing the house at the moment, putting insulation on solid brick walls, which are currently costing me a fortune in wasted heat...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 16:30
When I first saw your post I thought SuperBase was making a comeback...

Back in '89, PC Mag did an Article called "The Data Base Wars". At the time DBase III, Paradox and FoxPro (DOS versions) were the front runners. In the article, in addition to those, they included Lotus Approach, Clipper and SuperBase. Very interesting read and the finale had reps from each company develop an application based one PC Mag's specifications.

I do not remember how each Application did but I DO remember being disappointed in Paradox's score.

nhorton79

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 09:30
Found this thread when searching how to connect access to Supabase earlier tonight.

Created an account with Supabase earlier today, as in the process of developing a web app and wanted to ensure Supabase would work with Access (which is our current in-house offering).

Took me about half an hour to set up some basic tables and then used psqlodbc - PostgreSQL ODBC driver to create a DNS.

Used the connection info found at the bottom of the Database page under Settings in Supabase to enter and create a 32-bit ODBC system DNS using PostgreSQL Unicode driver. Tested the connection and done.

Have now linked to external data in Access and updates appear in both instantly.

Pretty impressed, but still have some experimenting to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom