Tab Pages That Move!!! (1 Viewer)

J

JohnKiwi

I have several tab pages in a form, each of which contains subforms. There is a header at the top.
Problem: when the form is opened, the tab headings disappear up behind the header space, and need a PageUp operation to clear them. Similarly, if I use the ALT + _ access to the headings on the tab pages, it opens that page no problem, but again it pops the tab pages up on the screen and PageUp is needed once more.
The silly bit is that you can have the thing performing well, then add one more item to the form, and that seems to trip it into this daft behaviour. Deletion doesn't fix it.

Q1. Why does this happen?
Q.2 How can I lock tab pages in place so they don't move. (Have tried Top and Left.)

Using Acc2000/1

Thanks.
John

DES

Technoweenie
Local time
Today, 12:17
John:

Use the Tab control all the time and the only time I have a problem anything like what you are talking about is when the form is actually too big for the screen to show all of the form.

This usually happens when you design the database at one resolution and then use it on a computer with a lower resolution.

If your form is continuous then this is going to be the problem. If you can not see all of the form then anytime you go to the details section of the form it will jump around on you. Usually for that reason I do not use the Header section of the form when designing a form with a tab control.

karatelung

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:17
Hi, I have the same problem because my form is a little too big for the screen. Is there a quick fix like a VBA "scroll up" command for the "on open" event?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom