Table Maintenance Mini-app (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:27
When you have several lookup tables in an application, it becomes a pain to create separate tables and maintenance forms to manage the contents. This sample is an application that I first developed over 40 years ago, long before Access was a twinkle in Bill's eye. It was constructed using COBOL and IMS. Once I figured out the logic, I recreated the functionality in every application I built after that. Now, it lives in Access. In some of my apps the BE is ACE but in most the BE is SQL Server so don't limit yourself. There are two tables, four forms, and two reports. This version of the app also included security. Just use the id and password provided on the login form.

Attachments

• TableMaintExample_20221020.zip
    196.2 KB · Views: 288
  • TableMaintExampleWithSecurity_20221020.zip
    264.8 KB · Views: 219

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:27
Quite a few people have downloaded this mini-app since I uploaded it. I am curious as to how many have actually incorporated it or at least used the concept to build your own lookup table manager. Please PM me. But questions should be posted to the forum. Start a new thread in the appropriate forum. Just include a link to this thread if the question is specific to the sample. I'll be happy to answer here. Do NOT post questions here:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom