TABLET OPERATION (1 Viewer)

dubiousp

Local time
Today, 09:50
Good afternoon, had some amazing help creating a db,,, my ntention is run on a tablet. Of course I forgot that tablets have a software keyboard, is there a way to set the app that when your typing in a box its not hidden by the keyboard,

Or do I have to resize everything

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:50
Hi. I know @isladogs does a little bit of Tablet work, but you may still end up having to resize your form.

dubiousp

Local time
My fear is that

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I regularly use a tablet with Access apps. Currently I use a 12 inch tablet but I've also used a 10 inch one successfully.

Most of my commercial and example databases will run successfully on a tablet and a few are specifically designed for tablet use.
For best results, I suggest you
1. use automatic form resizing so forms display properly on any size/shape/resolution screen from tablet up to around 22 inch monitor.
2. ensure the form design has controls that aren't too close together and are large enough for touch screen use
For example, see
3. Minimize the need for keyboard entry as far as possible e.g. using combos to select items. Where keyboard entry is necessary, a zoom box can be used so the on screen keyboard (OSK) doesn't block the textbox. Of course the OSK can be dragged around the screen if needed
See forms 1-3 in

However actually designing on a tablet isn't ideal as the Access interface isn't completely suited to touchscreen use.
See the last item in the similar threads below: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/info-using-access-on-a-windows-tablet.299954/
Better to design on a PC/laptop and test in the tablet

EDIT 10 Aug 2023 - updated all links to my new website

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom