Term for a roof pitch viewed from inside (Image included) - Stack Exchange Failure! (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:38
My spell checker objected to the word skeeling. I'd got the wrong spelling, the spelling should be:- "skeiling" https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/skeiling ... I wasted about half an hour trying to find the correct spelling and in the process found this posted on stack exchange.

Term for a roof pitch viewed from inside (Image included)

So I tried to sign in to to tell them to correct word, but I don't have enough points. If anyone has got a usable account on stackexchange, then I would be grateful if you could let them know what the correct term is.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 06:38
Sorry, but this is one obscure forum that I have not run across while "driving" the internet desert.. :)
The question was also posted 5 years ago.
Making it even more obscure, the Wikipedia page wrote that the word skeiling: "Seems to be local to Sussex, England."
Thought: maybe you could suggest this word for a game show such as Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune.;)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:38
I first learnt the word 40 years ago from an Irishman working in the UK as a plasterer. I was his labourer. I was working in Newbury Berkshire on a property called "41 Greenham" at the time, and I'm from Wiltshire!

I also recall the SEB turning up one day on the site to connect the electric. The SEB electrician dug up the cable, spliced a new piece of cable on it, which was attached to the electricity meter. H did it all "live"! The last process was the cable joint was put inside some sort of plastic housing and he poured in Molten bitumen to seal it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom