Test your political orientation (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:04
I took this test a while back: https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

The idea was to get some insight into what my actual political orientation was, rather than my assumption of what it was.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
What is interesting, is that Trump and Biden are not that far apart on the political spectrum, at least according to this:

1587758591687.png

Source: https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2020

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:04
Biden right of center?!? Sanders only slightly left?!?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Maybe the people who created the test are so far left that Biden et. al. are perceived by them as right wing!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Yesterday, 19:04
Maybe the people who created the test are so far left that Biden et. al. are perceived by them as right wing!
There may be some legitimacy to that. Politicians seldom present a true image of themselves.

The fact that most of the people surveyed are in the blue quadrant is a demonstration that the politicians are responding to the demands of the voters for leadership (authoritarianism). Technically, the job of President in the US is to simply manage the operation of the US government. Managing the economy is not technically part of the Presidents job description . Of course there is a degree of spill-over between the two. Unfortunately, voters seem to want a government that solves all their problems, so they go for the leadership (authoritarian) model.

Sylvia22

Local time
Today, 01:04
Biden right of center?!? Sanders only slightly left?!?

Does Biden have any political orientation at all?
To me it seems he is always floating where is own profit is the highest.

While Sanders expressed himself (at several occasions) in a way that only leaves the conclusion that he is ultimately left and ultimately authoritarian. Most of time hiding the latter from the average follower.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:04
There is a very real disconnect between what politicians say and what they do and in particular, there are rules for us and rules for them. Listen to the Chicago mayor's reason why it was OK for her to go to her hairdresser to get her hair cut but we can't. Listen to one of the Cuomo's talk about how you should ignore the fact that he left his basement where he was "sheltering in place" because he was actually INFECTED with the Wuhan virus and yet he he had a shouting encounter with someone on the street in front of the new home he and is wife are building some distance away from where he was supposed to be locked away from people. Look at Mayor Deblasio walking in the park in Brooklyn instead of in the park surrounding Gracie Mansion or driving across the river to go to his gym in another borough when YOU can't go to a gym at all. Look at the Canadian PM telling everyone that Jesus would understand them staying away from church and family at Easter while he goes to the family's summer cabin where he gathers with his family. Look at the laws Congress passes to exempt themselves from insider trading rules. How about exempting themselves, their staffs, and some of their union friends from Obamacare. It's the best thing since sliced bread for us. Not so much for them. They're not as stupid as they think we are. But WE ARE LETTING THEM GET AWAY WITH IT. This is actually non-partisan. The Right is almost as bad as the Left. They are just not so blatant with their hypocrisy. I think that most of the people caught "adjusting" their portfolios based on insider briefings in February were Republicans. We, the people, lost big in the stock market but they won. Will they face a court? Never. Some rules are simply not for them.

Listen to all the leftists screaming with their heads spinning that you MUST believe the women NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY when they are talking about Kavanaugh's accuser's but not when talking about Biden's or Clinton's. I'm sure someone has put together a sound clip of politicians and other famous people saying I BELIEVE and I don't need a shred of evidence and we'll be hearing it non-stop during the run up to the election. In Clinton's case, the court believed the woman and fined him almost a million dollars and later, he lost his law license because he lied to Congress over the Lewinsky affair. In Biden's case, for some reason, even with a Larry King tape (mysteriously removed from YouTube), contemporaneous corroboration and police reports, we can't believe the woman. So what they're really saying is if you accuse someone they don't like, they believe but if you accuse someone they do like we get back to the Constitutional foundation of innocent until proven guilty. Before you go there, no one accused Trump of sexual assault as they did Biden and Clinton. The Trump women just got their 15 minutes of fame by breaking a written contract and revealing consensual dalliances for which they were paid to be silent and to which they agreed and signed on the dotted line to get money once he became the likely Republican candidate. Trump should have sued them and made them give the money back since they violated their contracts. He actually shouldn't have paid them at all. Silly him, he believed they would honor the contract they signed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom