Solved Text box length gets cropped in a form (1 Viewer)

AnilBagga

Local time
Today, 14:31
I have 2 unbound text boxes in different forms using the same expression to display [FGCode].[column](1). FG code is a column of the same table used in the both forms

In one form the value is displayed as in the table, but in the other form, it gets cropped - see below. What could be the reason. I could not find any property which could be causing this. I tried to delete the text box and added a new text box, no improvement!

Full version
1632543685128.png

Cropped version
1632543707119.png

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:01
Do you know if that cut off is at the 255th character?

AnilBagga

Local time
I have the FG specs in table set to long text. But, if the table is same, why is the display different in different forms?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:01
what is the Controlsource of each textbox?

AnilBagga

Local time
what is the Controlsource of each textbox?
The cropped version text box is unbound. cbo box is FGCode and source of the cbo is the table of ItemMaster. The text box control source is [fgcode].column(1)

The uncropped version is coming from a query, as source of this form is a Query. The cbo in ths form is the same table as above - Item master and the source code of the textbox is the FG specs in the query (tblItemMasterPricingSpecs.FGSpecs). The FG specs in the query however come from the same table as the above mentioned form (ItemMaster)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:01
I put a dlookup statement in the text box and now I can get the full text. Thank you
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom