The Afghanistan Debacle (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:05
It has just been announced that 12 US soldiers have been killed in an ISIS suicide bombing at Kabul airport. Now there will be lots of Westerners stranded in Afghanistan.

Who is at fault? What are we going to do? Will this ever get solved? For example, what happens if the various terrorist groups continue to use the country for their hideouts? Will you send the troops back in?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 17:05
2nd verse (Afghanistan), same as the 1st (Vietnam)

Of course this is just from my lifetime. You could substitute Korea or just about anywhere we have gone to spread "democracy"

But don't take my word for it, read the words of a retired Marine General...

Attachments

• warisaracket (2).pdf
    647.9 KB · Views: 142

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:05
Nobody fired or resigned? At this point bring back Jimmy Carter it's less embarrassing.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Afghanistan was a bad move from the get-go. If anyone still believes our involvement there had anything remotely to do with fighting terrorism, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
"They" were not the one doing the fighting. Our going into Irag and Afghanistan was one of the reasons I retired from the service with 3.5 years let on my tenure.

I got so disillusioned with our government, I couldn't take it anymore. But since 100% of my income still comes from the Evil Entity, I guess I wasn't as sick of it as I thought.

Just call me NauticalSellOut

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The US is going through a period of massive malaise.
  • The political leadership of the US is projecting an anti-American message both internally and before the world. Secretary of State Antony Blinken welcomes UN probe of ‘racism’ in US. China, before the world stage tossed that message back into the face of the Biden administration by regurgitating Biden's own comments and those of the BLM that the US is a deplorable country.
  • The US is consumed by "internal friction", highlighted by "wokeism" which pits Americans against each other based on highly transitory and inflammable criteria. As one example "critical race theory" which holds that because of your skin color you are either a "victim" or an "oppressor" and have to go through unending oppressive sell-reflection to atone for your "sins".
  • One tenet in the US, has been meritocracy. That concept and associated concepts are now being "disappeared". If you are of a particular "victim" class, through equity, you are entitled to certain things. Competence in math, reading, and other basic skills are being cast aside.
What does this have to do with the current Afghanistan withdrawal debacle? Imagine those that are in the chain-of-command for managing the US withdrawal at the Kabul airport. One would think that they would be focused on the mission of getting the US out in a coherent manner. But what is the real mission for each person in the chain-of-command?

They will find that their mission focus will be distracted by a wide variety of concerns that have nothing to do with Afghanistan. In his inauguration speech Biden said the greatest threat the US faces is White Supremacy and that the government must declare "war" on White Supremacy. That was then followed up by the US Defense Secretary calling for a racism audit in the US military. Gen. Mark Milley: ‘I want to understand white rage, and I’m white’. Sergeant Major of the Army prioritizes 'diversity' amid Afghanistan evacuation. Since originally posting, this story appeared: Marine demands senior leaders accept 'accountability' for Afghanistan, gets removed from position.

There are many people involved in the chain-of-command. So questions arise by the people involved:
  • Where any of these people in their job to achieve "woke" points rather than competence?
  • Even if competent, the person may be facing a devils choice: do I produce a report for promoting diversity that is due today or do I approve some authorization, like getting a new fuel pump for an airplane that could be done tomorrow?
  • What would the repercussions be to my career be if I fail to meet "woke" requirements?
Unfortunately, for the portion of the chain-of-command directly involved in the Afghanistan withdrawal, the political leadership is structured for them to fail.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Taiwan has to be wondering what the hell just happened, the CCP might see a crack developing in the US resolve.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Who is at fault? What are we going to do? Will this ever get solved? For example, what happens if the various terrorist groups continue to use the country for their hideouts? Will you send the troops back in?
Biden is at fault. He should have recognized bad advice when he got it if that was really what happened. He is currently trying to blame Trump. It was Trump's plan. He said we had to get out by May. Of course even a teenager would recognize that you don't remove the military personnel BEFORE the civilians have been evacuated and you absolutely don't leave your equipment that will be used against you or others. When Trump was trying to draw down forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, the media and the left were all about no to the point where not only were the military advisors LYING to Trump, they were disobeying his orders. What happened to the court-marshal they deserved? Nothing, the Joint Chiefs are too woke to ever take action. I'm not surprised NG resigned. That is of course, the honorable thing to do when you disagree with your leadership. You don't LIE to them and disregard their orders. There used to be consequences for such behavior but apparently not in the US forces any more.

I'm not sure about you but we're doing nothing. Those who died and the others to come will go unavenged. Of course Trump won't forget so if he gets reelected in 2024, there might be some retribution.

Trump was on his way to solving a lot of problems, this being one of them. Biden has proceeded apace to undo everything he could.

We don't have to worry about terrorists in Afghanistan any more, they're on planes coming here or maybe to you. We have ignored Americans and allies who are trapped in favor of young, military aged men who haven't been vetted. Um, let me see. The Taliban has total control of who gets through the gate of the airport. Who do you think they let in? Did they let in Americans? No. Did they let in the Afghanis who worked with us? Some. Who are the thousands of others that we are shipping home? Talk about a Trojan Horse. How stupid can we possibly be?

Biden doesn't have any troops to spare. He's directing them to finding the White Supremacists and they aren't in Afghanistan.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Taiwan has to be wondering what the hell just happened, the CCP might see a crack developing in the US resolve.
Afghanistan purportedly has mineral resources. China, reportedly controls 90% of the rare earth mineral trade. The article notes: "The U.S. is dependent on China for rare earth minerals used in hundreds of hi-tech products and military equipment." This presents a significant national security issue for the US.

Now for the tin-hat conspiracy angle.

Hunter Biden (who has yet to be criminally charged for his alleged transgressions) and the the President, Joe Biden have apparently had a very close financial relationship with China. Additionally, there is the strange case of Hillary Clinton "selling" certain Uranium reserves to Russia. Having a close financial association with a foreign government while a US government official is not direct proof of any wrong doing, but it does raise the specter of conflict-of-interest and insider deal making. Both wrong, if proven.

Digging a bit deeper into the tin-hat conspiracy angle: Why did Afghanistan fall so quickly to the Taliban? Was the fix in for Afghanistan to fall?
The US has had a history of clandestine actions to manipulate world and even national events. A recent example includes the ousting of Muammar Gaddafi in Libya. Tucker Carlson on his show speculated that the so-called riot rally of January 6, 2021 was "facilitated" by FBI informants. Finally, the involvement of US agencies in the promoting the hoax Russiagate. Again, none of these events, in themselves, validates that a "fix was in" for Afghanistan to fall to the Taliban. But then prior covert actions do create an opportunity to interprete a current event as having been purposely manipulated.

I speculate, by listening (actually silence and reading between the lines) to the news released by the Biden administration, that there was no intent to keep the Afghan government "alive" after the the US withdrawal. The "smoking-gun" remarks are to the effect that this "happened faster than expected." The US withdrawl then became a chaotic immediate disorganized emergency. The remarks that it "happened faster than expected" have not received the scrutiny that they deserve. Did Biden, after he became President, negotiate a new (secret) deal with the Taliban to give them a "quick" victory, which they executed even faster than expected?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:05
I can't understand your President getting all hot under the collar about a situation he brought about.

It's so transparently two faced of him, it's going to cost him what little credibility he's got left.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I can't understand your President getting all hot under the collar about a situation he brought about.

It's so transparently two faced of him, it's going to cost him what little credibility he's got left.
The 2022 midterms should be a good indicator if the American people have had enough or we will continue down this road.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The question is, will the rest of the world just laugh out loud or snicker behind their hands when Biden speaks.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
if the American people have had enough or we will continue down this road.
You are assuming that the 2022 election will be honest. The machine to steal elections was working overtime last year. So much so, that in many districts, more people voted than were registered. But calling for forensic audits is treason unless you're a Democrat.

The Democrats are busy institutionalizing their cheating methods. What are the Republicans doing? Sitting in a corner hoping to not be called racists.

California will be front and center in a couple of weeks when they hold the recall election. Of course it is totally mail in ballots and we already have evidence of tampering. Plus, they get 30 days after the election to complete the count. Surely that will give them more than enough time to print sufficient ballots to ensure that Newsome doesn't get recalled.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:05

From my side of the aisle, he started with 0 cred anyway.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time

So much for Biden restoring US prestige on the international stage. Biden is a total loss.

Just as a reminder. Biden has been spewing racist remarks and condemning the US as a deplorable country. No country would view the US as "good" when US political leaders undermine the US. So just as a reminder of the consequences of that type of repulsive action China rightfully tossing that back at us:

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I'm surprised at how many folks on here are giving Biden a free pass. It was the WAY he conducted (or just failed to think/conduct at all) this withdrawal that really made the major catastrophic effect.

Trump was drawing them down a few thousand at a time, with strict conditions on the Taliban. He would draw further down if they continued meeting certain conditions, and then draw down further once conditions were continued met. During the last 13 months of Trump presidency, not a single American was killed or attached in Afghanistan. Clearly, it WAS possible to do it right. It was careful, he had a plan. Biden took it and made it a ridiculous and tragic thing.

The problem wasn't just being there in the first place. There are many ways to do things. I learned in school that the main reason we failed in Vietnam was that we kept doing "a little more, a little more" instead of doing A LOT and HARD to begin with.

It's easy to just say we never should have gone here, or gone there. But there are many ways to do things. Biden obviously screwed it up---bad.
Even the left wing organizations/people are saying the same thing.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
not just this thread. a lot of emphasis on never shouldda gone vs. how it ended - as if how it ended was unavoidable or something.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
It doesn't surprise me we are not unified with our messaging, there has been a lot to unpack over the last few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom