The BEST Scams EVER!!!

Here's another!

BTW, I think this is a new scam. I don't recall anything similar pre internet....

I think this is a new scam
I don't remember anything like that. but buying water filters over the phone isn't too popular. always remember getting paid by gift cards. steam cards are the most popular I think. I've been contacted many times over steam cards.

People want you to pay them with Steam cards?
if I were to fall for the scam, yes. steam cards, I understand, are also used heavily in the prostitution game. at one point, I had never heard of these things, then I got the low down from a retail store's manager in the mall here. I didn't ask how he knew what he knew, as I didn't wish to know.

So let the rest of us innocents know the low down.
I already did. steam cards are big payment for prostitution gigs I hear. or was back then. and the retail store owner told me he banned steam cards from being sold in his store due to this reason and being connected with the underground in general. I didn't press him for more once he told me that. I got the point.

Found a new scam!

It's a HP printer but you can't use it unless you subscribe!

You still have to buy paper and ink! Oh, and a subscription!
I've been hit by a couple of slimely sale's tactics.

In the days when I was using Windows, I used Quicken and Turbotax, both Intuit products that Intuit bought from another company. For Quicken they offered you a new version for $XX and if you did not like the new version you could return it for a full refund.The catch. The new version used a different file format. So should you return Quicken, all entries made after installing the new version were lost. Moreover, if you did not make a back-up of the prior version, all your data could have been lost. I don't recall Quicken informing users of this potential problem. Fortunately, I did not experience any negative repercussions other than time and effort of returning Quicken. In terms of Turbotax, Quicken slowly disabled some of the features, which did force me to reluctantly upgrade.

Perhaps the most irritating was buying CivIV. I decided not to accept the DRM license and they would not refund the money! Seems that they should be obligated to take it back if you don't accept the license. In the end, after much prostration, my credit card company did give me a customer credit for the purchase price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom