The best way to design reports suitable for barcode sticker (1 Viewer)

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:00
Please support by advising on what is the best way to design reports suitable for barcode sticker printing for my issue described below:

I have set up a report which uses a bar code font. Upto report stage, everything works fine but when I need to print on a thermal printer Make Zebra 2844, the problem starts.:banghead:

I tried to set up page set up in report design as per standard sticker size. In the printer properties, if I select labels with gaps then after every one sticker I get a blank sticker. To avoid this, I choose sticker without gaps then there are no blank stickers but any way smooth printing can not go on for many stickers because position of text starts shifting.

My print preview shows perfect records, no blanks, not position shift ...

Please advise.

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
does access not used for this job? I did not see any takers for this.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 23:30
When it comes to labels, it can be a bit tricky. Remember that your details section cannot be higher or wider than the total width of the sticker AND that includes accounting for the MARGINS that are set in the layout ribbon tab.

You also need to remove any report/page headers from that report.

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
At the last status, I removed Header and Footer. Also, I made my detail section very smaller and less than sticker size.

When report printed, Preview shows exactly same number of prints as number of records (It was more when not done above things) and all records appear same position. But when printed, first records is as per preview, second shift little bit down, third shift little bit more down. so at last, some prints on the space between labels and so everything goes wrong.

So, it looks still somewhere missing.

Any more areas to look for.

Also, there are many resources on other things but can you kindly suggest any resource teaching this topic from basic steps.

Many thanks for your help.

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
Could do it as desired.

Thanks again Bob to show me the path.

The key was
AND that includes accounting for the MARGINS that are set in the layout ribbon tab.

My report was well within Paper width and height but I learnt that while setting the margins one should balance the accounts!!!!

i.e. Top Margin+Report Height+Bottom Margin+Gap in sticker ~= Paper Height.

I was believing on Print preview which was showing me no blanks but in print they were.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom