The Bizarre Jussie Smollett Trial (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 07:54
Actor Jussie Smollett's criminal trial for allegedly faking a hate crime in 2019 is set to begin on Monday after a three-year delay.
Well this should be an interesting trial to watch. What is disgraceful is that the "left" nearly succeed in preventing this from coming to trial thanks to Kim Foxx who obstructed filing charges against Smollett. Compare that to the aggressive prosecution by Attorney General Garland of those who participated in the January 6, 2021 patriotic rally.
The trial has been delayed due to several obstacles, including the charges being dropped and refiled, an investigation into how Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx dealt with the initial investigation, and the COVID-19 pandemic.

Disorderly conduct, a class 4 felony, carries a sentence of up to three years in prison but experts have said it is more likely that if Smollett is convicted he would be placed on probation and perhaps ordered to perform community service.
Compare that to the sentence given to Jacob Chansley. This smacks of unequal justice. Smollet in a sense committed a "hate" crime by falsely claiming that hey was the victim of a hate crime. One could speculate that Smollet was undercharged for his "hate" crime. On the other hand Jacob Chanesley did not commit a hate crime and at the most should only have been charged with "trespassing", which would not seem to warrant a 41 moth sentence.

Finally, will the "woke" media, (Washington Post and New York Times) even bother to cover this trial?
Probably not, unless they can find an innovative way to manufacture a White supremacist angle to the Smollet incident.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
A new article popped-up this morning. It speaks to how Biden/Harris are quick to make unjust racial accusation in the absence of facts. As with the "Rittenhouse - innocent or guilty?" thread, neither Biden nor Harris admit that they made a premature accusation, instead they pompously reiterate that the "war" against racism is never ending and must be vigorously pursued.

Neglected in the Smollett incident is the fact that there are unscrupulous people attempting to unjustly play the race card to enhance their opportunities, whatever that may be. Recall Elizabeth Warren claiming to have a Cherokee heritage or Rachel Dolezal claiming to be Black. But given today's mania concerning self-identification, I suppose anyone can claim anything.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:54
OMG, is the Smollett trial getting underway? Never before have I seen so much biased rubbish coming from the media about this one! He got caught red handed, the two Nigerian brothers said they were paid to do it, they were seen buying the rope, and they had a cheque paid to them from Smollett. And why would you still have the rope around your neck 10 minutes later when the police turn up? I think a case of overacting!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Some interesting discussion below. The Washington Post did have an article on the Smollett case. I was able to read it, since I was within my free article limit. It was a pretty good article.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The Fox News article does not mention what the various charges where.
This case is not simply about it being a hoax. It should be considered a hate crime. In this case, Smollett was manipulating the (false) narrative of systemic racism to claim that he was a victim of a racist attack. Pretzel logic. The effect of this hoax on society is the intensification of racial animosity, the hate crime. So it is not simply a case of innocuous lies.

Since posting this new article appeared:
Fox News Digital reached out to several of the individuals from this report regarding a possible apology or retraction and did not immediately receive a response.

As an editorial aside, how many of those in the left wing media, who bought into this hoax, will now apologize?
I don't utilize Facebook or Twitter, but they love to take down material that they assert to be "disinformation". I suspect that there is massive hoard of "disinformation" asserting that Smollett's (false) claims proved the existence of systemic racism. Will these posts be cleaned-up now by Facebook and Twitter? Any apologies for not recognizing the hoax?

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
To be innocent, this would have to happen:

1. Accidentally bump into 2 people he knew at 2am on a freezing morning, who he coincidentally paid $3K.
2. These 2 people had to be armed with all the gear at that time.
3. Have them inexplicably decide to attack him with racially loaded items.
4. Mistake them for white Trump supporters, when they were black acquaintances.
5. Decide to not make any criminal complaint declaration against the attackers with a good reason.
6. Have no reason to withhold medical records, DNA and phone access.

And tons more stuff.

I went on to MSNBC to see what coverage they had on the verdict and it was all just attacks on Conservatives, doubts on the verdict and no condemnation of how Smollett repeatedly lied, slurred Trump supporters and misled the country.

Sadly, if his narrative aligns with the liberal media's narrative, he will be rewarded. I can see him doing countless interviews and earning a tidy sum from it all. "So Jussie, tell us your side of the story. Why did you do it?" Jussie: "Well, I was fed up with all the hate blah blah". Or, just more lies and how the tilted justice system is just another vehicle of oppression blah blah. Crime pays.

Edit: Just had a thought... I reckon we will have to rely on AI to somehow bridge the gap between Liberals and Conservatives, because there is such a chasm in perceptions of reality. Human thinking has demonstrably failed to find a solution. Maybe AI has one instead with a bit of outside-the-box thinking, despite being inside a box.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:54
Lying to a jury while under oath appears to be the real crime here. If he spends any time in prison it will be for lying to the jury not for lying about white people attacking him. This sends the wrong message about race.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Sadly, if his narrative aligns with the liberal media's narrative, he will be rewarded. I can see him doing countless interviews and earning a tidy sum from it all. "So Jussie, tell us your side of the story. Why did you do it?" Jussie: "Well, I was fed up with all the hate blah blah". Or, just more lies and how the tilted justice system is just another vehicle of oppression blah blah. Crime pays.
Spot on!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I agree that this should have been prosecuted as a hate crime because it certainly was one. But, I would prefer that the racist not get jail time. Our jails are already too full.

Repaying the cost of the police investigation to the city would be a great start. Then a hefty fine and a year's worth of community service sounds appropriate. This has to be expensive enough to deter future hoaxes. So far, we have a poor history of punishing the hoaxers so they keep doing it.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Unfortunately, Jussie has single-handedly ruined the chances of many legitimate discrimination claims. Ironically that plays into the hands of the people he claims to be fighting against.

Martin Luther King Jr must be spinning about now.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
FB_IMG_1639224880049.jpg

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Two excellent post mortem summaries discussing how the Smollett hoax was exceptionally destructive to society.
Additionally, this hoax has exposed political corruption.
Technically, the Sollett hoax was a local matter, yet (without any facts) our national political leaders jumped on the race baiting bandwagon to make it a national matter as it would have furthered Biden's lying claims of phantom White supremacy.
A truly bizarre hoax and trial.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The significance of this video is that Bob Woodson, a Black Civil Rights advocate, explains that "Jussie Smollett committed moral treason" by attempting to exploit the civil rights movement to advance his carer. That had dire consequence since police resources that could have been dedicated to serve the Black community were not available. Preventing Black on Black violence, as one example. Woodson also notes that the US judicial system is fair and just and he thanks the court system for not surrendering to "Wokeness".

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time

I sometimes wonder if the whole scene does not have a political undertone,i.e jussie smollet been sponsored by politicians or motivated by politics.

I have watched an episode of criminal minds where something similar happened, i.e crime was staged to win voters' sympathy.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I have watched an episode of criminal minds where something similar happened, i.e crime was staged to win voters' sympathy.
I don't think that was the case here with Smollett. However, it seems that starting with the death Michael Brown in 2014, that the left has been extremely successfully at fabricating the racist lie that the police are out to kill Blacks. The complicit media and Democratic politicians have unfortunately bought into that narrative "to win voters' sympathy". Biden, in his run for President, endorsed those fabricated racist lies and was never challenged by the media. (Seems that the "fact checkers" were asleep.) Smollett was riding that wave.

PS: For once, I'm not advocating a conspiracy theory relative to Smollett. ;)

Last edited:

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Biden, in his run for President, endorsed those fabricated racist lies and was never challenged by the media. (Seems that the "fact checkers" were asleep.)
Were the fact checkers asleep or they opted not to verify the stories. Its left to every one to verify information before believing and spreading it.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Were the fact checkers asleep or they opted not to verify the stories. Its left to every one to verify information before believing and spreading it.
Journalism is now in the gutter. The truth doesn't matter anymore, with some making statements like, "It's their truth". You could say it is an absolute verses relative argument, which is a philosophical argument. Some might say there is objective reality, whilst others say it is all subjective reality.

An article on the topic: https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Does_objective_reality_exist?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The left continues its gaslighting attempts with their "my reality" concept. There is reality and there is opinion. If you believe in "your reality", you belong in a loony bin. That's my OPINION and I'm stickin' with it.

The reality is that Jussie made up the entire attack. And he doubled down on the stand. Does he really believe he was attacked? Maybe he was going for an insanity defense.

Do Pelosi and the other gunslingers in the House actually believe that Jan 6 was an "insurrection"? Or do they just want you to believe it? How can they keep talking about the "deaths" that occurred when only one person was killed and most would consider it murder so the perpetrator should have been tried for murder and the murderer was a Capitol police officer, not an "insurrectionist". No talking head ever corrects their invalid statements. Where are the "fact" checkers in this case? Clearly no one in their right mind would believe that any government takeover could occur without anyone carrying guns to the party. This is the height of gaslighting or possibly Pelosi really is senile and no one will tell her. It took a small, incent boy to tell the Emperor that he had no clothes. Who is brave enough to tell Nancy? This is her THIRD attempt to kill Trump and WE the PEOPLE have paid for all of them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom