The Chinese Army - Hacking Division (1 Viewer)

rsmonkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:40
Working for a large defense contractor (I wont disclose which one) but its the one which pretty much makes all the 'planes trains & automobiles' for the UK & US army & we do alota work for the other countries such as the Saudies.

However as all companies do we had a team day the other day... yes that dreaded day where you get together with your fellow geeks and play oversized jenga & then shoot eachother with paintball guns! Anyway I got talking to one of IT security managers who was looking pretty stressed and being interested in going into that field and doing a masters degree along those lines we got talking. He was telling me how the chinese constantly try to hack into our systems along with many other companies, organisations throughout the world (you may have herd the sneeky buggers got into white-hall db-grid not so long ago) However this guy was telling me that the chinese have a dedicated hacking force of 30,000+ hackers constantly working to gain access into such places. I know I should have seen this coming, them being chinese and all but I was just staggered at that number. I spose I've always seen government hackers as geeks in a dark-room with government money slipped under the door in an envelope now I've got the image of warehouse full of hackers tapping away aligned in perfect symmetry.. its disturbing!

I've also herd how the chinese keep constant tabs on sites such as thier wikipedia and monitor changes made to it!! ooh i regret putting China is Gay on their wikipedia a year or so ago..

anyways I was just posting this to see if anyone is surprised about the sheer scale of hackers china employs.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
but its the one which pretty much makes all the 'planes trains & automobiles' for the UK & US army

I don't know?- answers anyone.

You mean Lockheed Martin. It s not quite all though?

http://www.defensenews.com/index.php?S=07top100

This chinese hacking does seem to be a problem - maybe more defence contracts for Billions could be handed out to protect us. Hacking industries producing killing machines used to acquire oil revenues!? The unscrupulous little bastards! ;-)

Last edited:
R

Rich

It reminds me of why Jaguar wouldn't ship the newly discovered ABS system on their cars to America in case the Yanks stole the design, still when the boot's on the other foot eh:rolleyes:

rsmonkey

Registered User.
Local time
apologies rich i r dyslexic.. as for the competition part think not so high profile as NASA.. think UK and this will give it away think Typhoon ;) the Saudi's reference was the original hint.. lol just googled it and you'l get what what your looking for!

As for non-descript characters turning up in a blacked out car to transport you away.. not so likely but i do see the odd 'men in black' ruffian here and there every so often!

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
OK

3 BAE Systems Mike Turner, CEO U.K. 4 25,070.6 20,935.2 26,967.6 93.0

Where's my prize?

rsmonkey

Registered User.
Local time
yep those typhoons blow you away.. I work next to an airfield where they do some flight testing and that think does rattle everything in a 5 mil radius its so loud!

R

Rich

yep those typhoons blow you away.. I work next to an airfield where they do some flight testing and that think does rattle everything in a 5 mil radius its so loud!

bloody impressive to watch though;):D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom