The code works but (1 Viewer)

icedearth

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:17
the code cdbl works. Expr1: CDbl(Right([DBA_INC_LOAN_BANK]![BRANCH_NUMBER],3)) this it the way i put it and it works now this result is in three digit number and i have to compare it to a field that whe you compare it could gave me a name for that value

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Today, 11:17
Your name for this is "Expr1". You can change this variable to any name you want by changing the left-hand side of the colon.

Example, you could change it to MyBankNum: .... and use "MyBankNum" so that the variable name makes sense to you in case you have more than one floating around the query.

-dK

icedearth

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks! But that is not i'm looking for i have three coumns in a query one is the expr above the other one is the number of the bank that if is equal to the expreesion gave me the result of the third column that has the name description

icedearth

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks but that is not i'm looking for the code works

Thanks! But that is not i'm looking for i have three coumns in a query one is the expr above the other one is the number of the bank that if is equal to the expreesion gave me the result of the third column that has the name description

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Today, 11:17
Oh ... delete the expression column. In the column of the that you want to compare the expression against, paste "CDbl(Right([DBA_INC_LOAN_BANK]![BRANCH_NUMBER],3))" into the criteria of that column. This should filter your query.

-dk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom