the craziest lawsuit (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 04:58
does anyone remember the one where the woman sued mcdonalds for spilling coffee on herself? If I'm not mistaken, she won that lawsuit. what's the craziest lawsuit you have ever heard of? I just heard another one the other day. some woman sues kellog company for not having enough strawberries in their poptarts! LOL:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:58
Can't quite remember how it went, but along these lines.

There was the mother of a child visiting Disneyworld/land. The child fell and scraped a knee or something and the staff took mother and child 'backstage' for first aid. Mother sued because the child saw the Disney characters 'out of character', (presumably hadn't got their heads on?) and it had destroyed the kid's belief that they were real.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:58
I heard about that. But I thought the Disney parks had a regular medical station. Of course there have been accidental 'exposure' of the Disney characters from time to time.

conception_native_0123

Local time
wow CJ, that's crazy. I'll lhave to try and look that one up. would probably be an interesting read.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
look in the archives - think I heard about it around 30 years ago

here's some more

mjdemaris

Working on it...
Local time
does anyone remember the one where the woman sued mcdonalds for spilling coffee on herself? If I'm not mistaken, she won that lawsuit. what's the craziest lawsuit you have ever heard of? I just heard another one the other day. some woman sues kellog company for not having enough strawberries in their poptarts! LOL:

i remember the McD's one...she sued for something like 5M because the lid on the coffee didn't say "HOT". She did win. But who would put a cup of hot coffee that isn't sealed, between their legs while driving???

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 05:58
The part I cannot figure out is how getting scalded by coffee is worth 5 million dollars in any scenario. I could go on the street and ask people if they would like to earn $500 dollars to get scalded and I bet there are quite a few takers. 5 million and you might have everyone and their brother willing to get scalded for that kind of cash. Come on maaaaaannnn.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
My uncle told me of a case when he was a younger man, perhaps in the mid-1920s, where a man sued a railroad for leaving so early as to cause him to miss his train and thus miss an important business deal potentially worth millions of dollars. The facts of the case included that he had arrived at the terminal about 20 minutes early, but the train pulled out just as he walked in, and that was 20 minutes before the scheduled time of departure. The railroad won the suit by showing that indeed a train HAD pulled out at the indicated time, but that it was actually YESTERDAY'S train that was leaving 23 hours and 40 minutes late. Had the man stayed around another two hours, his train would have showed up (yes... it was 1 hour and 40 minutes late.)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I for one felt bad for the old lady at Mickey D's who scalded her own whooha. It still makes me cross my legs just thinking about it.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:58
As for the craziest one, I seem to member someone suing for a cracked tooth because of peanut (or something) in an M&M. Not sure it ever went anywhere as that was around the time I gave up on televised news.

Hmm, I remember that hot coffee one but IMHO it was taken out of context. It was the temperature of the coffee that cause severe burns and it was not the first time a person was severely burned. It was the first time someone took it to court.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
When I first started work many moons ago, I worked in wills and trusts - we settled deceased wills and managed trusts in accordance with their rules. One such trust was a large estate including an expensive house in Mayfair and a large number of investments. The beneficiary was the widow -who had a reputation for bringing frivolous actions against all and sundry. So much so, she had to get High Court approval before a case could be brought. During my tenure in that role she wanted to sue the milkman for being late and a taxi driver for not stopping right outside her house.

conception_native_0123

Local time
she wanted to sue the milkman for being late
i'm surprised someone hasn't sued amazon delivery drivers for being late on package deliveries. there was that viral video a while back of a driver smacking a woman who complained that her package was late. I think it was on tiktok.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Speaking of Amazon. An odd thing happened to me yesterday. We were expecting a package (DVD). The package came (Amazons shipping envelope). But it was empty. They are sending me another DVD.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Speaking of Amazon. An odd thing happened to me yesterday. We were expecting a package (DVD). The package came (Amazons shipping envelope). But it was empty. They are sending me another DVD.
kev,

this was trending on google search the other day: https://www.dailydot.com/debug/woman-exits-amazon-truck-tiktok/

i think the meaning of the title is to say that people are engaging in other things besides delivering packages. maybe that's the reason for your empty envelope?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
kevlray's DVD is probably bobbing off the coast of California in a container ship with the rest of the chinese "stuff" everyone else is waiting for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom