• ** There has been a recent site upgrade. Please clear your browser cache to avoid issues. **
  • New forum feature - post voting and best solution

Check out this thread for the details: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-forum-feature-post-voting-and-best-answer.314134/

This new feature looks great to me! :)

• We now have 3 forum themes

Go for the default (light) theme, Shades of Grey or Shades of Blue. I just added the Blue one.

The thread about it is here: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-forum-theme-shades-of-blue.314136/

The Death of AWF? (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator, Former MVP, Retired SysAdmin
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:38
Yeah, G, I had the misfortune to engage with that Harry Chrysanthemum fellow (they're always giving out flowers, after all). I was shocked to see his sexually explicit comments - and I had worked with the U.S. Navy for well over 25 years. That was an easy call.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:38
Even the foul mouthed Krishna guy?
Policy for that already discussed in mods forum. Took about 5 words! :LOL:

Don't take my comment literally. I ban spammers all the time.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ha!Ha! Make sure you never ask me to be a mod then Jon........I'd ban everyone...twice if I could 🤣😄🤣😃🤣
The Krishna guy was next level! He was here before, a few months back.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
OMG, if you saw some of the posts. A few months back I had to go into the backend of the software to block a litany of words!

neuroman9999

Local time
Even the foul mouthed Krishna guy?
who's THAT? the gentleman Richard referred to as using profanity over and over again? I seem to remember that person....kind of like me I'm sure some would say. =(

The_Doc_Man

Staff member
Local time
Adam, for once I will defend you. You are annoying sometimes; you are truly a pain the toches sometimes; you constantly push limits, which has been the subject of many warnings to you. This guy was SO sexually explicit in his language that I felt dirty after trying to warn him about his language. More than dirty, I felt I needed a high-pressure steam line to clean the filth off me.

I had DARED to tell him that his Harry Chrysanthemum viewpoint was not likely to be correct. You can guess why I said that, we don't need to go there. Anyway, when I essentially disputed his viewpoint, he unleashed a TORRENT of vulgarity.

I have played music at night on weekends on Bourbon Street in the New Orleans French Quarter when it was still raunchy and had strip clubs. I played in bars and lounges in the pre-Katrina 9th ward behind St. Claude Avenue, which was a rough neighborhood. I worked over 25 years with sailors in several states including rough-and-tough veteran Navy Chief Petty Officers. I had NEVER run across someone so totally foul-mouthed as this person. Trust me, it was BAD.

The_Doc_Man

Staff member
Local time
Adam, I honestly have no clue as to why he was so violently vulgar. His violent attitude makes every spat we have EVER had look like a duel with safety glasses and Nerf guns.

neuroman9999

Local time
His violent attitude makes every spat we have EVER had look like a duel with safety glasses and Nerf guns.
LOL. nice. regarding the ""spat"" stuff though, I'm sure plenty around here have been thoroughly entertained by reading those. I think the number of occurrences at this point is about ""infinity"", isn't it? as an upper bound on the x-axis, I mean. ;)

vhung

Local time
Today, 08:38
Sorry, that part/question, I cannot answer. I just follow the rules...
IP ad. should be one, of the things that needs to be checked if one account is already banned at AWF
>i guess full membership identification should be considered too

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I had NEVER run across someone so totally foul-mouthed as this person.
Same here.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Or, you can click the Ignore Forum found at the top right of each forum:

1599316683692.png

That will hide the forum from the main forum list and you will also not see any of the posts from there in the Latest Activity section.

bobbrewerma

Local time
Today, 08:38
I'm new and one of the amateurs looking for free advice. Depressing is the only word that fits. Partisan politics on the Access World Forum. I realize that it is easier to say than to do, but could the Moderators just delete anything that has even a hint of politics. I realize that some good information might also be lost, and that is a pity. I also suspect that having their politicized postings removed would produce an immediate positive result. As radical as it might sound to some, perhaps on the Access World Forum, Access should be the only acceptable subject. I suspect there is no shortage of other sites where we might vent our political frustrations.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I realize that it is easier to say than to do, but could the Moderators just delete anything that has even a hint of politics.

No, not going to happen!

I've been here 17 years and the watercooler has always been the same. I rarely go in there.

One of my conditions when I became a moderator a couple of years ago was that I didn't want anything to do with the vitriol in the watercooler, I'm not sane enough to handle it. I just let them get on with it.

It's always been easy to ignore, and now there is an actual "ignore button" so you just don't see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom