the debt ceiling (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:35
SS and Medicare have been FIXED multiple times. The "fix" is to raise the rates and "save" the excess money to cover the KNOWN upcoming deficit. Therein lies the problem. I think it was Johnson who realized that the SS money was just sitting there waiting to be spent so it was his administration that moved the SS fund to the general fund so it is now spent as fast as it comes in and not on SS payments. It is spent to build turtle tunnels, bridges to nowhere, and to support the large number of illegal immigrants we seem to acquire each year, not to mentions stupid stuff like bribes to the Taliban and Iran.

So, given that there really isn't a sequestered SS fund anymore, SS will always and forevermore be paid from current funds, deficit or not. Luckily, when the current baby boomers die off and I'm at the bleeding edge of that, the problem will go away again because the balance between contributors and recipients will swing back.

In the best of all worlds, the imported illegals would work legitimately and they and their employers would pay into SS but never collect because they're not citizens or legal residents. However, way too many work under the table so they and their employers, never contribute a dime to SS or Medicare.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 06:35
Isn't Biden considering just writing "1 trillion" on a few hundred dollar bills with a Sharpie to fix all this?

I demand for myself free houses, free cars, free college, free daycare, free preschool. Compensate me double if there are people who just flat out don't like me very much, even if it's because I behaved like an idiot.

Er, I mean, "provide Services". Always more services. And if you don't want to work hard to pay for my free stuff like you surely ought, you have hereby committed violence against me.

And please formally outlaw the practice of people occasionally pointing out that my choices may have had something to do with my situation. Because that's just an atrocity.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 09:35
Isn't Biden considering just writing "1 trillion" on a few hundred dollar bills with a Sharpie to fix all this?
You reminded me of another concern that has been overlooked by the cacophony of white noise surrounding Biden's incomprehensible spending spree. That is balancing the budget (deficit spending and increasing national debt). Biden is fanatically advocating new entitlement programs yet his administration is apparently making to effort to solve current budgetary concerns such as existing deficit spending and the financial health of programs such as Social Security. Before taking on new financial burdens, existing programs need to be fixed as well as making proposals to balance federal government revenue with expenditures. The Biden administration is not being fiscally responsible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom