The less you know, the higher your salary (1 Viewer)

Libre

been around a little
Local time
Today, 02:48
The less you know, the higher your salary.
“PROOF”
Popular sayings:
Knowledge is Power (K = P)
Time is Money (T = M)

Physics:
Power = Work/Time (P = W/T)
P=W/T
P=W/M (since T=M)
K=W/M (since K=P)
M=W/K (algebra)

THEREFORE:
As knowledge decreases, money increases.
The less you know, the higher your salary!

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Darn it. I guess I know too much :)

Libre

been around a little
Local time
kev-
I'd imagine a lot of us here have the same problem.
I know I do.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 10:48
I couldn't work out the sum, I must be a secret millionaire..

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:48
It certainly explains Donald Trump.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Most politicians would qualify. And they say that most of them graduated from a college.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:48
Steve, you got me on that one...

Libre

been around a little
Local time
In the spirit of having a more complete listing, both H. Clinton and B. Obama qualify.

I don't see the comparison between Trump and Obama (or Trump and Hillary). You may not like them, or you may like one of them, but their fields of experience and knowledge of elected office and government vary considerably.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
But they are relatively wealthy (i.e, millionaires or beyond), but they say things that makes me wonder just how intelligent they are.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:48
I don't see the comparison between Trump and Obama (or Trump and Hillary). You may not like them, or you may like one of them, but their fields of experience and knowledge of elected office and government vary considerably.
Distinctions can be "forced" to make artificial contrasts and/or they can be "melded" into a generalized comparison. In this case, I have made a "melded" generic comparison. Trump, whether you like it or not, has demonstrated business success. Theoretically, success as a business person could mean success as an elected person.

You have made an artificial distinction of "elected office". Just because one is elected and has served in a particular elected and/or appointed government position does not mean that they actually have credible "experience and knowledge". I would contend that neither Obama nor Clinton have demonstrated any competence in governess. Therefore, they meet the criteria of this thread in being highly paid clueless individuals. Trump (on the other hand) even if he is considered despicable and has not held an elected position, has demonstrated management competence that could carry over to the public sector.

PS: I am not a Trump supporter. I have been patiently waiting for Trump to implode based on many of his rash statements. For a business person, many of his statements related to economic policies have been ludicrous. Unfortunately, his implosion has not yet happened, possibly as a populist reaction to the incompetence of Obama/Clinton.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:48
Theoretically, success as a business person could mean success as an elected person.

What is considered a success by one person can be a disaster for others.

A President of the world's most powerful nation filled by someone like Trump whose motives are mainly greed is not good for the vast majority of people on this planet.

Trump look likely to get the Republican nomination. I only hope that moderate Republican voters won't be able to bring themselves to vote for him.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:48
What is considered a success by one person can be a disaster for others.

A President of the world's most powerful nation filled by someone like Trump whose motives are mainly greed is not good for the vast majority of people on this planet.

Trump look likely to get the Republican nomination. I only hope that moderate Republican voters won't be able to bring themselves to vote for him.
Consider that the election of H. Clinton could be as devastating as the election of Trump. Conversely, the rationale moderate Democrats should refuse to vote for H. Clinton.

Libre

been around a little
Local time
Oops - I think I deleted Stevens last reply.
Accidental.
Not that I agreed with a word of it.
Maybe in my clipboard:
Distinctions can be "forced" to make artificial contrasts and/or they can be "melded" into a generalized comparison. In this case, I have made a "melded" generic comparison. Trump, whether you like it or not, has demonstrated business success. Theoretically, success as a business person could mean success as an elected person.

You have made an artificial distinction of "elected office". Just because one is elected and has served in a particular elected and/or appointed government position does not mean that they actually have credible "experience and knowledge". I would contend that neither Obama nor Clinton have demonstrated any competence in governess. Therefore, they meet the criteria of this thread in being highly paid clueless individuals. Trump (on the other hand) even if he is considered despicable and has not held an elected position, has demonstrated management competence that could carry over to the public sector.

PS: I am not a Trump supporter. I have been patiently waiting for Trump to implode based on many of his rash statements. For a business person, many of his statements related to economic policies have been ludicrous. Unfortunately, his implosion has not yet happened, possibly as a populist reaction to the incompetence of Obama/Clinton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom