The next Access Europe meeting is on Wed 7 June - Northwind 2.0 Developer Edition – Inventory and String functions (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:32
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 7 June 2023 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM)

The start time is equivalent to 19:00 (7PM) in Central Europe and 10AM in Seattle / PST

Please note that the UK is now on Summer Time (UTC+1). For local times, please check https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Topic outline:
As many of you will know, a team of five experienced Access developers led by Tom van Stiphout (MVP) have been working for well over a year in creating two completely new versions of the Northwind (Starter & Developer) template database.

Members of the team are running a series of presentations to various Access User Groups, each of which will focus on different aspects of the Northwind 2.0 Developers template. In this session, Tom Van Stiphout and Kim Young will be presenting an in-depth treatment of several important features with a focus on Inventory and String functions

5 min: Introduction to the approach used in creating the two new versions of Northwind

35 min: Start with quick recap of the POs, products, and orders we have in the sample db. Inventory more in-depth. Reallocate. Order detail status changes. What changes could you make to the NW2 inventory. Split off an order.

Q&A about inventory

15 min: Employee form. Custom dialog. String functions. OpenArgs.

For more details, see: https://accessusergroups.org/europe/event/access-europe-2023-06-07/

The meeting will again be held on Zoom. When the time comes, you can connect using: Join Zoom Meeting.
I hope you will join us for what should be a very interesting session.

As always, the session will be recorded and the video uploaded to YouTube after the event

Also, early notice that on Wed 5 July, we will have Aleksander Wojtasz from Poland who will be leading a presentation explaining his Interactive Gantt Chart Scheduler in Access

Last edited:

raziel3

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:32
What's the likely hood of getting the functionality of Access linking to remote files? For example, an Excel file or another Access Database on a shared Onedrive folder?

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 01:32
What's the likely hood of getting the functionality of Access linking to remote files? For example, an Excel file or another Access Database on a shared Onedrive folder?
Off-topic, but always a popular question. The answer is: This is not likely, ever, if you are talking only about OneDrive. I won't go into the reasons here--decidedly off-topic.

Access links to many different file types and databases on a Windows network, so the likelihood is very high in that context.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
As George said, your question is nothing to do with the topic of this meeting. Not sure why you asked it in this thread

raziel3

Registered User.
Local time
Not sure why you asked it in this thread
Oh, sorry about that. I just saw that the topic involved creating new versions of Northwind template so I thought new features would have been introduced 🤷🏻‍♂️

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 01:32
Oh, sorry about that. I just saw that the topic involved creating new versions of Northwind template so I thought new features would have been introduced 🤷🏻‍♂️
Come to the presentation; we'll be happy to share information about many of the new features of the Northwind Templates. I promise at least one thing you've probably not seen before. ;)

Most of it, though, is implemented with existing capabilities in MS Access using "best practices".

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There is no link to the meeting. Please add it. Thanks

isladogs