The party of peace? (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 03:41
That doesn't change anything I said but yes you are correct and I was wrong.
Wow ! The great never wrong, perfect, 'well read' Pat admits she was wrong. You said I was 'not very well read' - ie thick and stupid, maybe you're not so 'well read' as you think you are.
I know you won't see this as you have blocked me, (why I don't know), but I wanted to point out that even the great Pat has faults.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:41
Wish I had a penny for every time I've been wrong. Pretty soon I would be able to afford a small pack of chewing gum. ;) But with my old teeth, I can't actually have the gum 'cause it tends to pull out my old fillings that I would rather not replace.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 22:41
Wow ! The great never wrong, perfect, 'well read' Pat admits she was wrong. You said I was 'not very well read' - ie thick and stupid, maybe you're not so 'well read' as you think you are.
I know you won't see this as you have blocked me, (why I don't know), but I wanted to point out that even the great Pat has faults.

Col
Col, Col, Col...

I would have thought salting wounds would be beneath you...you like winding folks up but you always had a wee bit of decorum when you did it, IMHO.

I know you are concerned about my opinion of you so I feel compelled to give you progress reports...

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm not sure why you think I blocked you Colin. But since you think so little of me maybe you should block me.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 03:41
Your "you're not very well read comment" to me, in the UK is an insult, indicating the person is thick and stupid- it may not be that in the USA. Your comment admitting you were wrong on another subject showed me you do not know it all, so I used the same comment you as did to me. Problem with that? Or shall we kiss and make up?
Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Your "you're not very well read comment" to me, in the UK is an insult,
And if you recall, I did apologize. As long as you are keeping score, I guess we're even.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I thought we already made up. I wasn't the one keeping score.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
70 million pissed off Republicans.

0 cities burned.
0 stores looted
0 cops killed
1 civilian killed - shot by a panicked cop
0 cars burned
0 buildings burned
0 businesses destroyed
0 neighborhoods decimated for years to come. Parts of LA still haven't recovered from those riots

I guess that balances months of daily riots about bogus issues in multiple cities with billions of dollars in property damage and dozens of people killed and dozens of people's lives ruined. LOL yourself.

Hypocrisy Reigns

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
0 stores looted
0 cops killed
1 civilian killed - shot by a panicked cop
0 cars burned
0 buildings burned
0 businesses destroyed
0 neighborhoods decimated for years to come. Parts of LA still haven't recovered from those riots

I guess that balances months of daily riots about bogus issues in multiple cities with billions of dollars in property damage and dozens of people killed and dozens of people's lives ruined. LOL yourself.

Hypocrisy Reigns
Yes, both are ridiculous. You should stop being a hypocrite so it can stop reigning.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Who's the hypocrite? I'm on board with the march but not with the invasion of the building and I already said that. The media is blowing this all out of proportion and calling it an insurrection. Apparently they don't know what the word means or perhaps they've changed the meaning of the word and just not informed us yet.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Who's the hypocrite? I'm on board with the march but not with the invasion of the building and I already said that. The media is blowing this all out of proportion and calling it an insurrection. Apparently they don't know what the word means or perhaps they've changed the meaning of the word and just not informed us yet.

It was planned .

The mob violence that descended on the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday was the culmination of weeks of incendiary rhetoric and increasingly feverish planning – much of which took place openly on websites popular with far-right conspiracy theorists.

Since November's election, Holt has seen websites like Parler, Gab, TheDonald, and MeWe fill with torrents of "conspiracy theories, disinformation and outright lies about the results of the election," he says. "And those lies often came from the top arbiters of power in the Republican Party, notably President Donald Trump himself."

And it wasn't just fringe websites. On Twitter, Advance Democracy found more than 1,480 posts from QAnon-related accounts about Jan. 6 that contained terms of violence since Jan. 1. On TikTok, videos promoting violence garnered hundreds of thousands of views.

Trump's claims have fueled increasingly heated rhetoric since the election, Holt says – spiking in the last couple of weeks as Trump doubled down on conspiracy theories like the false and unfounded notion that a company that makes electronic voting systems had deleted votes for Trump. "Then it really, really went nuts," Holt says. After Trump promoted a Jan. 6 protest in D.C., "a lot of his extremist supporters interpreted this as a call to action for them."

On forum boards like TheDonald and antigovernment and militia movement group chats, those conversations included plans to surround the Capitol on all sides, alongside maps of the U.S. Capitol complex marked with locations of tunnels and entry points. "And there was discussion specifically of overwhelming police with large crowds and doing that in order to violate laws against carrying weapons and against entering federal buildings," Holt says.

There was also much discussion on such forums about ways to find and attack Black Lives Matter and antifascist protesters, Holt says. But on Wednesday, those groups largely stayed home. That may have shifted Trump supporters' focus to its eventual target, Holt suggests: "Perhaps the lack of a counterprotest to receive the violence that all these supporters were so ready to unleash meant that that energy instead was directed at the federal government."

When Trump told his supporters to head to the Capitol, Holt says, "I think the levee just broke."

"If Trump had not told people to go to the Capitol, I don't know that it would have happened. Because people on the ground were engaged in some pretty extreme rhetoric about coming back with guns if things don't go their way, and stuff like that. But there wasn't any real sort of significant action happening on the ground until Trump finished his speech."

In the march toward the 2020 election, "at every turn Trump and his enablers in Congress and in the media ecosystem were parroting some version of the 'deep state' narrative," she says.

"So what happened in the Capitol is really the culmination of months and in some cases years of belief in the sort of paradigmatic world in which you have a very clear set of bad guys who are out to get Trump, and you have a very clear set of good guys who are fighting that battle."

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm not sure why you assume that Trump supporters are wing nuts but that's what the media pushes so I guess you drank the cool-aide. Just FYI, do you really think that half of Americans are far right radicals?

According to the news, the real news that is, the authorities saw the chatter and discounted it because they'd never had a problem with a conservative gathering before. They even make less trash for the street cleaners to pick up because they don't liter:) So they never expected an actual attack on the Capitol. The march was always going to go there after Trump spoke so he didn't SEND them there. And he most certainly didn't incite violence.

So far, several reports have indicated that the perpetrators included Antifa and BLM activists. And video shows the Capitol police actually moving barricades so the mob could get to the door. Could this be "collusion" between the Democrats and Antifa just to make Trump supporters look bad?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
According to the news, the real news that is, the authorities saw the chatter and discounted it because they'd never had a problem with a conservative gathering before.
Charlottesville.

So they never expected an actual attack on the Capitol. The march was always going to go there after Trump spoke so he didn't SEND them there
Actually a march was specifically prohibited in the permit
A.This permit authorizes the use of the Ellipse southwest quadrant, west of the vista site line and south of the tree lighting site starting on Saturday, January 2 at 6:30 am until Wednesday, January8, 2021 at 7:30 pm. This permit does not authorize a march from the Ellipse

So far, several reports have indicated that the perpetrators included Antifa and BLM activists. And video shows the Capitol police actually moving barricades so the mob could get to the door. Could this be "collusion" between the Democrats and Antifa just to make Trump supporters look bad?
I watched Tucker too and a little bit of Hannity but could only stomach so much.

"I do not believe that the group of people who ‘broke through security’ at the Capitol were actually Trump supporters," said Kevin McCullough, a radio personality, in one of the earliest posts PolitiFact identified. "There have been multiple reports that antifa was planning on infiltrating the crowds."

The antifa narrative soon gained traction on Parler, a social media platform popular with conservatives, and on Twitter. An NBC News analysis identified thousands of tweets posted Jan. 6 that alleged that antifa activists were "posing" as Trump supporters.

Lin Wood, an attorney who has filed lawsuits seeking to overturn the presidential election, said on Parler that he had "indisputable photographic evidence" of antifa involvement. Twitter suspended his account for claiming the Capitol breach was "staged."

Former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin warned of "fake DC ‘patriots’ used as PLANTS." Other Republican politicians promoted similar rumors about antifa, including Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, Rep. Paul Gosar of Arizona, and Rep. Mo Brooks of Alabama.

"This has all the hallmarks of Antifa provocation," Gosar tweeted at 2:04 p.m.

"Rumor: ANTIFA fascists in backwards MAGA hats," Brooks added 16 minutes later.

The rumors grew more prominent on TV news networks that evening.

"We did have some advanced warning that there might be some antifa elements masquerading as Trump supporters in advance of the attack on the Capitol," Brooks told Fox News host Lou Dobbs, repeating the rumor he shared on Twitter.

Similar speculation came during other Fox News programs hosted by Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and others. Fellow host Laura Ingraham said the rioters "were likely not all Trump supporters." Newsmax aired similar claims.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Check your "fact" checkers on "Charlottesville". If you can find the entire speech rather than the truncated clip, Trump's remarks are quite clear and he is not supporting the wing nuts.

It wasn't on Tucker.

You know my opinion of Politi"fact". They publish whatever serves the Marxists who have taken over the government. The report didn't blame Antifia for the incident. They simply reported that some people who were arrested were Antifa which is not the same thing as what Politi"fact" is claiming is false.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
My charlottesville comment wasn't about trump, it was a response about conservative gatherings.

Please point me to any credible information that any BLM or anti-fascists were arrested in DC.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
There was at least one admitted Anti-Trump activist there "documenting" everything.

But that's a far cry from saying they were responsible for starting the invasion into the building. Everyone I saw that was arrested looked very much like Trump supporters AND many of them posted about it already, never mentioning anyone from ANTIFA and very clearly supporting Trump on their posts.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
There was at least one admitted Anti-Trump activist there "documenting" everything.

But that's a far cry from saying they were responsible for starting the invasion into the building. Everyone I saw that was arrested looked very much like Trump supporters AND many of them posted about it already, never mentioning anyone from ANTIFA and very clearly supporting Trump on their posts.
Doesn't surprise me. I hadn't seen that one. You do see him in the video of the Qanon lady getting shot. He's in the corner with his phone out taping. I'm not one to lump people together anyway. If there's a protest and some idiot sets the dollar store on fire doesn't mean everyone is a violent protestor or a liberal for that matter. I'm sure there were plenty of other people who went in the Capitol bldg. who weren't insurrectionists, just stupid. Lock 'em up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom