The party of peace? (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 17:40
The optics of the Trump supporters temporarily occupying the Capital building is bad. Nevertheless, by focusing on this one incident in isolation is imprudent as it neglects considering the external factors contributing to this incident.
  1. The media is virulently anti-Trump. As Trump will be leaving office on January 20'th, this is one last hurrah to get on the bullhorn to vilify Trump.
  2. The Democratic Party will be assuming control of the government on January 21st. They smell blood and are going into a feeding frenzy. Democrats may be getting ready to institute pogroms. All the negative hysteria concerning this incident may be inflamed by the need to castrate the Republican party.
  3. Few seem to dig into the question of: Why did this happen? It is extremely easy to say that Trump through his rhetoric caused it. But did he really? Those who advocate that line that Trump caused the incident will never acknowledge that they might have had a role in setting the stage. Maxine Waters, as one of many examples, publicly called for people to physically accost Trump supporters. Me2 fanatics trapped then Senator Flake in an elevator in a government building. Where were the police then? The media has been demonizing the Trump administration for four years. Those on the "left" who have destroyed property, looted or rioted don't appear to be facing much legal retribution. In fact, some politicians have supported them. The Governor of Oregon and the Mayor of Portland initially refused to help federal law enforcement protect a federal courthouse from attack. Consequently, maybe the Trump supporters finally got feed-up with the unjust abusive treatment pounded on them and let there emotions overflow. Can you blame them after the abuse and double standards?
  4. Then there are the Covid-19 restrictions which have caused many people to become unemployed, loose their business, or have other medical/emotional issues. This has made add stress to the population. While, there is no proof that this can be directly linked to an out-of-control rioting, the assumption can justifiably be made that this does affect the general mood of the population. This may have added to the frustration of the Trump supporters and their urge to temporarily occupy the Capital building. After all Congress failed to pass a simply Covid-19 relief bill in a timely manner.
  5. Ironically, those on the left claim, in many situations, that those arrested for criminal activity are not to blame as they are simply the victims of an abuse society. Many of those on the left who have been arrested, have had their criminal charges dropped. Given that that approach, maybe the Trump supporters should receive equal sympathy. After all, the media and many politicians have created a "hostile environment" for the past four years that has negatively affected Trump supporters.

Last edited:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Doesn't surprise me. I hadn't seen that one. You do see him in the video of the Qanon lady getting shot. He's in the corner with his phone out taping. I'm not one to lump people together anyway. If there's a protest and some idiot sets the dollar store on fire doesn't mean everyone is a violent protestor or a liberal for that matter. I'm sure there were plenty of other people who went in the Capitol bldg. who weren't insurrectionists, just stupid. Lock 'em up.

Agree. I don't think there's much of a difference, especially when so many of them were caught with weapons including guns. Items obviously banned from Federal buildings.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time

Vassago

Local time
That's... where I'm getting my information? There were others caught with knives (some without charges) and bombs found as well. Looks like you did the research and posted it, so not sure why the question?

Or do you think that's not a lot? How often do you think people are charged for carrying weapons on federal property?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Trump is banned permantly from Twitter.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Not sue where you're getting your information. Guns are pretty much banned in DC unless you have a special carry permit.

US Capitol arrests: List of charges for suspects arrested in Washington, DC chaos - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)

Looks like 4 instances of carrying a pistol without a license as of earlier today.
That looks like just the DC charges. The Federal charges are here . . . https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/thirteen-charged-federal-court-following-riot-united-states-capitol

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
And I'm banned permanently from Face Book after making only a single post ever! I'm in good company.

I guess you're OK with cancelling the first amendment. If you don't like what someone has to say, you really don't have to listen to them. What are you so afraid of? The whole point of the first amendment is to protect speech we don't like.

Speaking of hypocrisy. The Ayatollah of Iran has a Twitter account. I guess "death to America" is not hate speech but "make America great again" is. Warped logic if you ask me.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
If you believe in free speech, this should be of concern to you and you should be condemning that action. Yes, I realize that they are a private company. Nevertheless, they are being hypocritical and making highly subjective criteria that is instantly revised based on whimsical ethereal "reasons". They are not an arbiter of "truth". Furthermore, by filtering the "truth" to favor Biden, they may well be guilty of influencing the election, something that the "left" supposedly claims to be against. If Twitter is uncheck, you might eventually find yourself to be labeled an evil purveyor of false facts and banned too.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
You're right its not a first amendment issue and it doesn't concern me a bit.
Are you free to yell Fire in a movie theater?
Its not a matter of truth even though trump wouldn't know the truth if he grabbed it by the Pu$$y.
I dont have any god given right to be on twitter. If they banned me, I might not like it but I'd just go somewhere else. It's not complicated.

Vassago

Local time
THIS IS NOT A FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUE OR FREE SPEECH ISSUE!

Private companies are not government entities. Would you be ok with someone coming to your house and screaming constantly that Trump sucks? Of course not. You would kick them out. These private companies have the same right. Now, to do so over something so stupid could definitely lead to others leaving the site or corporation. I definitely think it's stupid that they banned you over something like that. They aren't exactly known to be fair. I'm not on Facebook and won't ever be again, but that was of my own doing. I'm also not on Twitter. Just don't have the energy for social media and I don't frankly trust them with my data.

Vassago

Local time
Unfortunately we dont have that option with our ISP's or cell carriers.
True, but I do what I can with custom roms to block services I don't need or push that data to a false location. I use VPNs whenever possible if I care enough to. I don't use cloud services, I have it all backed up at home, why would I need the cloud?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Wow. They're showing new video on TV. The crowd inside the Capitol chanting "Hang Mike Pence"
Another of a cop being crushed by a crowd and he's screaming in pain.

Last edited:

Vassago

Local time
That's some creepy stuff. I'm so sick of people behaving like animals across this country.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
There's one of the Qanon lady getting shot and dropping to the ground but you can look that one up yourself if your so inclined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom