The Project Manager Developer Project (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 23:45
This is something I have been thinking about doing for a while.
What I would like to do is put a number of members together (I'm thinking 4 plus me) and work together to build a complete project management system.
This would be a accdb file
I'll go into more detail should there be any interest.
if you think this may interest you then let me know and we can start sorting out the features, Schema Etc.

Usefull tools links
As a number of prople will be working on this project I have included a link to my style manager this is so all forms will look the same regardless of who designes the form.
Also a number of tools from peter hibbs gnatt chart and calendar I'll post images as I have those items

FEATURE LIST
Projects
Tasks
Estimates
Registrations
Gantt Chart
There are a lot more that can be added
thanks

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 18:45
MJ,

Sounds interesting and I would like to work with like minded people to hopefully learn a thing or two. Unfortunately, my free time at the moment is nonexistant!

If that changes anytime soon, I'll toss my hat in the ring...

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Hmm, wish this had come up a year ago. I have already started one and work on it in my spare time which I don't have much of st the moment.

Dreamweaver

Local time
@GinaWhipp you can still take part you never know you might find something that would be of use in your own system.
I already have one I've been using for years but it's grown over the years and it's very specific to me and to be honest I want to build something without all the mistake I made over the 15 years that programs been working for.
I do think that if a number of people put there heads together something amazing will be produced

Dreamweaver

Local time
I am going to update the first post with information as to concept, coding standards, usefull items plus a list of members taking part and those on the committee.

Note the concept will have to be worked out between those working on the project but there will be 5 members who have the final say as to if something is included this is to prevent it turning into a mess.

mick

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
@GinaWhipp you can still take part you never know you might find something that would be of use in your own system.
I already have one I've been using for years but it's grown over the years and it's very specific to me and to be honest I want to build something without all the mistake I made over the 15 years that programs been working for.
I do think that if a number of people put there heads together something amazing will be produced

Then something to think about but time is tight right now, heading into audit mode for the next two months on top of everything else.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The style manage link requires a userid and a password.

Dreamweaver

Local time
I just loged out pat and tried to download it and worked for me.

EDIT: Also dowloaded it using my mrs laptop which worked fine except I need to update it for 64bit lol
mick

Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
One Of the things I want to do is find a program So instead of using pen and paper to draw out the table structure I was thinking of useing a CAD type program and attaching the drawings to the related project.

so anyboy use a program for doing the above hopefully we can find a free one???.

mick

Dreamweaver

Local time
Updated the first post with the start of a list of features

Please note I will be on holiday from the 3rd Feb for 2 weeks, I will have my tab but might not be able to use it sunning myself on a beach :giggle:

when I return I will decide if this project has enough support with members wanting to take part if not It will revert back to what I was going to do and instead of being available as a accdb it will be a accde

mick

Dreamweaver

Local time
I haven't forgotten about this project I'm currently working an the Quiz Master But Have been thinking that maybe my current project management system could be used but not sure if it would be better to start again as it goes back a very long time.

if anybody is interested in taking a look at it with a view to weather if can be saved please let me know
Please note to be able to eval this project you wil need to have advanced abilities with access

mick

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Just registering my interest - however about to take a break and pretty busy with earning a living and a house development for the next few months so would have to decline involvement at the moment. Your collaborative concept is one I've being playing around with myself and suggested as a possible option for this forum - i.e. invited developers, objective to develop apps/tools which could either be used as 'professional templates' or as saleable product. I see the primary issues as being,

1. as with any off the shelf' product, it will only address perhaps 80% of the requirement, with 20% being a compromise or covered by customisation
2. development framework to manage different developer styles/timelines etc.
3. version control
4. monetising saleable product

Perhaps I am being too serious but what is your objective for this particular app? a way to get 4/5 developers with a similar requirement to work together? social/fun? educational? saleable product?

Dreamweaver

Local time
Just registering my interest - however about to take a break and pretty busy with earning a living and a house development for the next few months so would have to decline involvement at the moment. Your collaborative concept is one I've being playing around with myself and suggested as a possible option for this forum - i.e. invited developers, objective to develop apps/tools which could either be used as 'professional templates' or as saleable product. I see the primary issues as being,

1. as with any off the shelf' product, it will only address perhaps 80% of the requirement, with 20% being a compromise or covered by customisation
2. development framework to manage different developer styles/timelines etc.
3. version control
4. monetising saleable product

Perhaps I am being too serious but what is your objective for this particular app? a way to get 4/5 developers with a similar requirement to work together? social/fun? educational? saleable product?
I agree If I was to start with a new blank project and everybody was to have the same It wouldn't work so I changed the way it works and have put my Project management system up as the starting point and arranged the system so each person can modify there own copy then if they want they can post those modifications so others can choose to add them to there system.

There will still be compications one being each persons abilites with access to assess how one addition/alteration will react with there current system, So I have structured the systems on my site so they will be able to get help from those who understand the system/Access better then themselfs.

So once I get it off the ground every developer will end up with a system that suits there individual needs much better than any off the shelf program and they are able to update it as what they do changes.

mick

Dreamweaver

Local time
@Uncle Gizmo ,@theDBguy Been using Draw.LO for only a few hours with help from this utube video
Creating Database Models using draw.io
This is what I've been able to to, If I can do it it has to be easy to use lol
just wanted to say thanks guys
2020-02-28 (2).png

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom