The Saga Continues, Those Who Demand That Women Who Have Been Sexually Assaulted Should be Heard are Amazingly Silent (2 Viewers)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 02:07
Surprisingly, the issue of supposed sexual assault by Biden and Kavanaugh surfaced in the thread: Coronavirus - are we all doomed? Coincidentally, virtually at the same time, a rash of new stories that have emerged that further document that those who support Biden and who were virulently attempting to smear Kavanaugh with false charges are ignoring, to the point of suppressing, negative news concerning the sexual abuse accusations against Biden.

Timeline shows media, Dems' different approach to Tara Reade accusation after Kavanaugh free-for-all

Potential Biden running mates not asked about sex assault allegation

New York Times edits Biden sexual assault coverage, deletes references to past inappropriate 'hugs, kisses and touching'

Democrats’ Dilemma: Endorsing Joe Biden Despite Tara Reade’s Sexual Assault Allegations
Joe Biden is receiving unequivocal support from the same Democratic Party that has had zero-tolerance for Republicans similarly accused of sexual misconduct.

'People Are No Longer Afraid.' Hundreds of Women Protest As Kavanaugh's Fate Hangs in Balance

So where are all those women's groups now who rabidly appeared in the streets to slime Kavanaugh with massive willing media coverage behind them to condemn, today's, Biden's alleged sexual assault charges?

PS: if you just happen to be concerned about due process for Biden, Please recall that Sen. Mazie Hirono (D., Hawaii) stated that Kavanagauh was not entitled to due process. Just the mere accusation of guilt, even unsubstantiated was enough to derail the nomination. Therefore the same holds true for Biden.
Hirono Doubles Down on Kavanaugh Not Having a Presumption of Innocence: ‘We Are Not in a Court’

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:07
tenor.gif

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
LOL. But what happens if the voter can't smell the rotting horse carcass at the time the lever is pushed?
We don't need a "dead horse" as President. Periodic reminders, are sometimes necessary.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:07
Post #2 invites... nay (or should that be neigh?), screams out for my favorite Woody Allen line, from What's Up Tiger Lilly:

I would call you a sadistic sodomistic necrophile - but that would be beating a dead horse.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Surprisingly, the issue of supposed sexual assault by Biden and Kavanaugh surfaced in the thread: Coronavirus - are we all doomed? Coincidentally, virtually at the same time, a rash of new stories that have emerged that further document that those who support Biden and who were virulently attempting to smear Kavanaugh with false charges are ignoring, to the point of suppressing, negative news concerning the sexual abuse accusations against Biden.

So where are all those women's groups now who rabidly appeared in the streets to slime Kavanaugh with massive willing media coverage behind them to condemn, today's, Biden's alleged sexual assault charges?

PS: if you just happen to be concerned about due process for Biden, Please recall that Sen. Mazie Hirono (D., Hawaii) stated that Kavanagauh was not entitled to due process. Just the mere accusation of guilt, even unsubstantiated was enough to derail the nomination. Therefore the same holds true for Biden.
Hirono Doubles Down on Kavanaugh Not Having a Presumption of Innocence: ‘We Are Not in a Court’

Lol, Steve R., I've wondered the same thing. Funny how that works. :)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Never mind the dozens of allegations against Trump or the creepy stuff he's expressed with his own daughter.

We don't have a good choice or lesser evil between the two party system. They are both horrible people and horrible politicians. Can we finally do away with both parties now?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In a crazy way, I would be happy to have five or six splinter parties so that no one party would ever again have a majority. That would FORCE the parties to compromise, which was the whole idea of how Congress should have worked. Nobody would get everything they wanted, but everybody would get something good. With the two-party adversarial system currently in place, that ain't gonna happen.

deletedT

Local time
Today, 07:07
They are both horrible people and horrible politicians. Can we finally do away with both parties now?

It's not only them. For me, Politician=Corruption.
It's all around the world, no matter which country you live in.
That's why I've never been interested in politic. No matter what people say or want, politicians do what they prefer and where their profits lead them to.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Same people making excuses for Biden also looked the other way for Bill Clinton, Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein and now Biden.

A blind man could see the media is complicit.

deletedT

Local time
Same people making excuses for Biden also looked the other way for Bill Clinton, Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein and now Biden.
I understand your point and I accept it. But you're looking one side.
It's exactly the same with Ivanka Trump's email controversy comparing to what Republicans & FOX did for Hilary's emails.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
But you're looking one side.
Yes of course you are correct I will admit bias, but will the other side admit kavanaugh was a political hit job?

In-fact I would wager the Democrat party will steer clear of accusing Trump of any sexual misconduct from this point forward. They are desperate for this story to die.

deletedT

Local time
but will the other side admit kavanaugh was a political hit job?

I don't want to start another religious branch here. But it's the difference between eye for eye and Turning the other Cheek.
Let's not do something wrong because they do the same.

Edit: I'm sure President Trump will be elected for the next round too. So there's no need being anxious about the effect of what media is trying to gain in the next election.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
So there's no need being anxious about the effect of what media is broadcasting in the next election.
Anxious? Personally I think the country in some ways would be better off if he did not seek re-election. If the Dem's had a better than average candidate I would give that person a good look and possible vote for him / her. I have voted for Dems in the past. Jimmy Cater was one of my regrets ha ha.:ROFLMAO:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm not 100% certain of Trump's re-election. However, I would say the odds are favorable.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I'm not 100% certain of Trump's re-election. However, I would say the odds are favorable.
I would. Not that I want it, but once you disabuse yourself from the belief the voting process is what puts a president in the office, things start to make sense.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I didn't start out this way :ROFLMAO: I was a dyed in the wool dem like a lot of the other peeps on here. I choose to move to the true center, independent..haha

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I would. Not that I want it, but once you disabuse yourself from the belief the voting process is what puts a president in the office, things start to make sense.
By that logic we could also have Biden. Unless this time it will be CHINA CHINA CHINA and not Russia Russia Russia.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Never mind the dozens of allegations against Trump or the creepy stuff he's expressed with his own daughter.

We don't have a good choice or lesser evil between the two party system. They are both horrible people and horrible politicians. Can we finally do away with both parties now?

True enough, and no argument from me. I wasn't a Trump person, although there are things he's done that I think are good. My main complaint about him, other than his creepiness about women, which you'll find on both sides of the aisle, is his "loose cannon" approach with his social media. I wish he would watch what he says more, and not fly off the handle.

But the topic of the thread was the media silence on the same types of allegations against Biden, and how biased and disparate the reporting is between the same types of allegations made against Republicans, such as Trump or Kavanaugh. Or even, in some cases, covered up/cleansed. That is something that is absolutely a problem here, and it's obvious. By all means, report what needs to be reported, but do it equally, regardless of political party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom