Themes to skin the forum (1 Viewer)

Would you like to have a choice of skins for the forum?

• Dark Theme

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Minimalist

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No thanks, fine as it is

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:59
other point is the default style selector is right at the bottom of the page. Anyone visiting the forum will not see it unless they scroll right to the bottom

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
When you log out, there is no cookie that tells AWF what theme you chose, so it just reverts to the default. I have reset the default back to the lighter theme now, but anyone can manually switch to dark theme should they wish.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:59
The Shades of Grey theme displays the posts much wider. This causes longer lines, which are harder to read.
The XF2.1 Default Dark theme is slightly better in that regard but does not loot as appealing visually as Shades of Grey.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes, i did not like the visual look of the XF2.1 Default Dark theme. I will remove it. You are right about longer lines being harder to read. Remember how long the lines were on the old forum? Full width!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:59
I would prefer that the text be darker. After my cataract surgery, I can read without glasses except for websites like this that use a fashionably light gray font.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
By all means, add more themes if you wish, but please keep the original light theme as the default.
As I said in the other thread, whilst dark theme is very fashionable these days, I think that makes the content harder to read and causes more eye strain

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
think pat is talking about the colour of the text which does appear to be themed a shade of grey

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi CJ
I wasn't replying to Pat's comments.
Grey text is also supposed to cause less eye strain but I agree that the light grey text in user's signatures is now hard to read

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 09:59
Didn't like the dark theme. Too different from other sites when switching.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I would prefer that the text be darker. After my cataract surgery, I can read without glasses except for websites like this that use a fashionably light gray font.
Jon has mentioned that there is a vbulletin theme?, perhaps he could add that to the site.?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The vBulletin theme was only for an earlier version of Xenforo, I later found out. I will have a look again.

Maybe we need an "accessibility" theme, for those with poor eyesight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom