ThisUser Class (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 15:39
It was suggested in this thread that I post up a user class that I mentioned.

So, while my own is tailored to my database and much more complex, dealing with permissions, user levels, etc I've made a small example that can show what can be done.

So the User class.

All it does is load your database's user information into a class that can be referred to throughout your database, without having to do domain aggregate functions (e.g. DLookup) on your tables when you want to know something about the user. Simple, really.

In this example, all it does is open a different form based on a user level. So, there's three user levels (admin, auditor, and general). As the example won't know your info, it will prompt you the first time you open it to fill in that data.

It uses a hidden form that, when the database opens, checks your user level. If either admin, auditor, or general, it will open the relevant menu form. If a new user, you'll get a new user for, whereby you pick your user level.

Of course, this is quite simplisitic, but if your database involves permissions, preferences, etc. then it can be very handy to have user information to hand.

Effectively the class module is defined, and then its instantiated in module, under the line

Code:
Public ThisUser As New User

This then allows you to refer to information you readily need

Code:
ThisUser.Name

ThisUser.UserLevel

ThisUser.Email

ThisUser.Font

ThisUser.BackColor ' if you want to go all customisational!

ThisUser.ExportLocation

and so on

Any questions, let me know.

Attachments

• ThisUser.zip
    56.6 KB · Views: 969
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom