Time to Woke up (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:25
In the UK, English football was represented with a "Three Lions" logo on their badge for many decades. Now, to the outcry of fans, they are changing this to one lion, a lioness and a cub, to show "the true diversity" of English football. They have gone woke. Do you find the 3 lions offensive?

1620388819035.png

Have you seen anything woke lately? Have you Woken up yet?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 17:25
Woke = WTFK

It gets redefined constantly to sooth whatever feathers have been ruffled. There is something to be said for controlling what BS is allowed in my own house. Working from home and having an In-Law suite (they watch Fo(au)x News constantly) that I am able to isolate them to has its advantages.

The FIL would come out frequently and rail against the injustice of it all at the hands of the Democraps and I had to tell him I was not interested in anything that came out of the Brain-Washing Machine that is the television.

He once asked me how it was I was able to stay serene in the face of all this shit-show. I told him it was easy: I don't watch it...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I have no idea why it was three adult lions. That would be where I would start before I made a decision, I would have to know why 3 were chosen.

As to at "woke" way of thinking, this amused me:-

• Wow
Reactions: Jon

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I'm also impressed with the French prime minister, I think he's objecting to "Them" trying to get woke with Napoleon!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Not sure where this fits in, but I had the thought the other day. If you own a modern technological device let's say an iPhone, it is very likely that slave labour was used to produce it.

So now we have certain groups of people that complain about their historic treatment as slaves, using slaves themselves. I wondered how that fits into the woke view of the world.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
To put things in perspective for our US members, in the UK blacks are only 3% of the population. So to have all 6 contestants as black shows political statements from a game show.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:25
That kind of TV, "supposed" game shows or contests, typically doesn't catch my interest. A FEW such shows are funny because people are funny. But so many shows are so terribly contrived that I don't care any more. Some of these are shows where people do stupid things and get wet or slimed or something like that. As NG's quote suggests, "It is a game show. Why should it matter?"

The Masked Singer comes to mind as an incredibly useless show. Games like "Bachelor in Paradise" or "Ellen's Game of Games" or "Cannonball" or ... the list goes on literally ad nauseam. (In fact, a couple of the game shows were SO painful to watch that I really WAS tempted to hurl chunks, the literal meaning of ad nauseam.)

Now some competitions are good. Consider the "xGT" and "X-Factor" and "American Idol" talent shows, which have helped many wonderfully talented people to come into the spotlight. Darcy Lynn Farmer, Jackie Evancho, Kelly Clarkson, Jordin Sparks, Carrie Underwood, Katherine McPhee, ... there is a huge list of folks who have come from the talent shows to actually make a career change that lets them do something they really wanted to do. So I guess I can't give a blanket condemnation of TV contests.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:25
That's pretty funny about the lion stuff, Jon. I guess in a way they may be fooling themselves, since changing it from 3 males to, essentially, a normal family that came about in the way nature intended, is really still pretty traditional, all other possibilities considered! Ha

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
And NG, I do watch Fox News - but I also read CNN daily, this gives me an interesting revelation on what different (usually very different) things both sides are emphasizing. I like to believe that the combination of the two provides me with 'opposing evidence', so to speak, from whence I might have a fighting chance of figuring out what my own opinion of the truth may be.

But I won't disagree with you--TV is a mind bender and we have to remain aware of that, even if it's one I like (like Fox), I have to be careful not to believe a perspective "just because" I saw it come from one of my favorite folk.

Personally, I think Fox News is 'gold'. Why? NOT because I think everything there is truth, but because it is the only major network carrier of conservative voices, so practically speaking, just imagine if it did not exist? That would seem to create an even worse situation with less divergent viewpoints in the world.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
What doesn't seem right to me is that they only have 2 genders. Shouldn't there be about 75 different lions on there?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
What doesn't seem right to me is that they only have 2 genders

They should also have a black one!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jon

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I'm also impressed with the French prime minister, I think he's objecting to "Them" trying to get woke with Napoleon!

“If his splendour resists the erosion of time, it is because his life carries in each of us an intimate echo,” Macron said. “Napoleon is a part of us.”

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
And NG, I do watch Fox News - but I also read CNN daily, this gives me an interesting revelation on what different (usually very different) things both sides are emphasizing.
How else can we figure out where the Chinese rocket will fall? That sucker could have a new variant Covid-19 2.0. I need to know if I should run left or right.
I think I'll run right, just incase.:D

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
And NG, I do watch Fox News - but I also read CNN daily, this gives me an interesting revelation on what different (usually very different) things both sides are emphasizing. I like to believe that the combination of the two provides me with 'opposing evidence', so to speak, from whence I might have a fighting chance of figuring out what my own opinion of the truth may be.

But I won't disagree with you--TV is a mind bender and we have to remain aware of that, even if it's one I like (like Fox), I have to be careful not to believe a perspective "just because" I saw it come from one of my favorite folk.

Personally, I think Fox News is 'gold'. Why? NOT because I think everything there is truth, but because it is the only major network carrier of conservative voices, so practically speaking, just imagine if it did not exist? That would seem to create an even worse situation with less divergent viewpoints in the world.
I once thought the same thing. Those stations exist to give us the illusion of opposite viewpoints - both offer a guided tour where we see and hear EXACTLY someone else wants us to.

In reality, the true difference - when it comes to our constitutional rights - can be measured with a micrometer. It exists to make us think the other side is the tre "enemey" and not the retards on capitol hill who have been asleep at the wheel for decades.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Although I still watch Tucker because I like his sarcasm, I don't watch much Fox any more. They are no longer fair and balanced as they claim. I've switched to NewsMax. I used to watch OAN but my current cable provider doesn't carry it. And when I want to know what I should really think, I watch Rachel Maddow. I also stopped watching 60 Minutes after 50 years. They are absolutely disgusting in their partisanship. They are still taking potshots at Trump. I guess no one told them that he isn't the president any more.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
This is interesting:-

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Here's a video from PragerU that should frighten us all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom