timeline of presidentss (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 13:53
Negative brother the "real kind" was made in Germany 🤫

ha ha - you're right of course

i didn't say what i was really thinking very well - by the "real kind" I really just meant the OLD kind of bug, not the newer cutsy tootsy ones
and it just so happened to have been originally sold in mexico (then brought to the US by my now-wife before we met) - but i'm sure it probably qualified as the actual german car. just assembled in mx.

i only drove one manual tran after that. i was like ok, this is good to know how to do, but i'm not going to actually keep doing it! LOL

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Actually the real kind was built in my garage, like my red 68 Karmann Ghia.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Actually the real kind was built in my garage, like my red 68 Karmann Ghia.

Awesome. I googled what that is. That would be super fun to tool around the burbs in.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Awesome. I googled what that is. That would be super fun to tool around the burbs in.
I put a 1835cc short block with dual webber carbs and a few other mods. It was a visceral car to drive, unlike my wife's 2019 Honda crv :ROFLMAO:

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I heard years ago (no idea if it is true), that some of the German police force had VW beetles with Porsche engines in them. Talk about some get up and go.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:53
Considering that I'm old enough to remember some of those cars, I'd have to say my get-up-and-go got-up-and-went a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom