Today, I really fancy a... (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:46
...pizza, with nduja and blue cheese topping, with a bit of chilli.

What do you fancy? Just start your post with ... It doesn't have to be food.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:46
.... a new project, a change of scenery, at work.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
...being able to go outside for a walk or play golf (California fire's smoke blows this way).

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Being able to go to a restaurant or a movie without the fear of catching COVID.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Being able to go to a restaurant

That would probably be high on my wife's list. She enjoys going out to lunch/dinner. She/we have started to go out a little bit, but only to places with outdoor seating.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
...being able to go to my favourite cafe with a thick slice of coffee cake and a nice frothy cappuccino.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
... A curry and a few beers without worrying about catching something.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
To have my wife at home fit and well and not in a care home with multiple sclerosis where she can't walk or care for herself. I am allowed to see her once a month (distanced of course)
I see these thugs on TV killing, they are fit and well. Why must my wife who has never hurt a fly suffer, and these thugs don't.
Col

• Wow
Reactions: Jon

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:46
Oh, my friend Col, I understand. I sometimes still ask why my mother had to endure the mental and physical degradation that comes with advanced Alzheimer's Disease when there were so many useless people running around doing bad things while she was dying? I remember those feelings and I truly understand. I have no words for you except to say, "I know your pain."

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Add me to that...

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Sorry Jon, I didn't mean to steal your thread, I was a bit down last night.
Anyway, I'll post again.
I really fancy a nice holiday maybe in Spain as I speak Spanish, where there is no airport hassle and no virus and not too hot so I can see some friends again and enjoy the famous Spanish hospitality. Just for a week or two would be fab.
Col

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
That's fine Colin. This site is a bit like a family in a way. Many of you have known one another for over a decade, so people share all sorts of stuff. It can be cathartic to share with people you kinda know. Besides, I've always been 100% flexible over whether threads stay on topic or not. Go where the conversation flows.

Wow, didn't know you spoke Spanish. I am rubbish at languages. You would probably catch Covid though.

...a fresh shortbread biscuit to go with my cappuccino, unlike the one I just ditched because the pack was left open for a week.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I learnt Spanish many years ago because a) it's a logical language - you pronounce all the letters in a word, and you always say each letter the same whatever the word, and b) we had a few years of Spanish students staying with us so it was useful, and c) the Spanish people are pleased when an English person converses with them in Spanish. Obviously, its real Castilian Spanish, not the strange South American dialect.
Col

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I learnt a few words. I got tapes I used to play in my car and also a book, where you stuck labels to things in your house. Was fun! La cocina was stuck to my kitchen door!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
One revelation was that any English word ending in 'tion' is exactly the same in Spanish but ends in 'cion' eg, 'emotion' and 'emocion', so straightaway you now know about a hundred words in Spanish.
Col

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
My vocab just went up then.

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 16:46
hey @Jon , is the word ""fancy"" a thing for English folks? kind of like ""bloke"" belongs to Australia?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
We use bloke in the UK too. Maybe the Australians got it from us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom