Tomatoes and Cheap Labor (2 Viewers)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 00:52
THIS HAS GOT TO BE PASSED ALONG TO AS MANY AS POSSIBLE OR WE WILL ALL GO DOWN THE DRAIN BECAUSE A FEW DON'T CARE.

This English teacher has phrased it the best I've seen yet

Tomatoes and Cheap Labor

CHEAP TOMATOES?
This should make everyone think, be you Democrat, Republican or Independent

From a California school teacher - - -

"As you listen to the news about the student protests over illegal immigration, there are some things that you should be aware of:

I am in charge of the English-as-a-second-language department at a large southern California high school which is designated a Title 1 school, meaning that its students average lower socioeconomic
and income levels.

Most of the schools you are hearing about, South Gate High, Bell Gardens , Huntington Park , etc., where these students are protesting, are also Title 1 schools.

Title 1 schools are on the free breakfast and free lunch program... When I say free breakfast, I'm not talking a glass of milk and roll -- but a full breakfast and cereal bar with fruits and juices that would make a Marriott proud. The waste of this food is monumental, with trays and trays of it being dumped in the t rash uneaten. ( OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK )

I estimate that well over 50% of these students are obese or at least moderately overweight. About 75% or more DO have cell phones. The school also provides day care centers for the unwed teenage pregnant girls (some as young as 13) so they can attend class without the inconvenience of having to arrange for babysitters or having family watch their kids. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I was ordered to spend $700,000 on my department or risk losing
funding for the upcoming year even though there was little need for anything; my budget was already substantial. I ended up buying new computers for the computer learning center, half of which, one month later, have been carved with graffiti by the appreciative students who obviously feel humbled and grateful to have a free education in America . (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I have had to intervene several times for young and substitute teachers whose classes consist of many illegal immigrant students here in the country less then 3 months who raised so much hell with the female teachers, calling them "Putas" ****** and throwing things that the teachers were in tears.

Free medical, free education, free food, day care
etc., etc, etc. Is it any wonder they feel entitled to not only be in this country but to demand rights, privileges and entitlements ?

To those who want to point out how much these illegal immigrants contribute to our society because they LIKE their gardener and housekeeper and they like to pay less for tomatoes: spend some time in the real world of illegal immigration and see the TRUE costs.

Higher insurance, medical facilities closing, higher medical costs, more crime, lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, new diseases etc., etc, etc. For me, I'll pay more for tomatoes.

We need to wake up. The guest worker program will be a disaster because we won't have the guts to enforce it . Does anyone in their right mind really think they will voluntarily leave and return?

It does, however, have everything to do with culture: A third-world culture that does not value education, that accepts children getting pregnant and dropping out of school by 15 and that refuses
to assimilate , and an American culture that has become so weak and worried about " politically correctness" that we don't have the will to do anything about it.

If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this to everyone you know.

CHEAP LABOR? Isn't that what the whole immigration issue is about?

Business doesn't want to pay a decent wage.

Consumers don't want expensive produce.

Government will tell you Americans don't want the jobs.

But the bottom line is cheap labor. The phrase "cheap labor" is a myth , a farce, and a lie. There is no such thing as "cheap labor."

Take, for example, an illegal alien with a wife and five children. He takes a job for
$5.00 or 6.00/hour. At that wage, with six dependents, he pays no income tax, yet at the end of the year, if he files an Income Tax Return, he gets an "earned income credit" of up to $3,200 free.

He qualifies for S ection 8 housing and subsidized rent.

He qualifies for food stamps.

He qualifies for free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care.

His children get free breakfasts and lunches
at school.
He requires bilingual teachers and books.

He qualifies for relief from high ener gy bills.

If they are or become, aged, blind or disabled, they qualify for SSI. Once qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicare. All of this is at (our) taxpayer's expense .

He doesn't worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance.

Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material.

He and his family receive the equivalent of $20.00 to $30.00/hour in benefits.

Working Americans
are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/hour left after paying their bills and his.

The American taxpayers also pay for increased crime, graffiti and trash clean-up.

Cheap labor? YEAH RIGHT! Wake up people!

THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS WE SHOULD BE ADDRESSING TO THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR EITHER PARTY. 'AND WHEN THEY LIE TO US AND DON'T DO AS THEY SAY, WE SHOULD REPLACE THEM AT ONCE!'

THIS HAS GOT TO BE PASSED ALONG TO AS MANY AS POSSIBLE OR WE WILL ALL GO DOWN THE DRAIN BECAUSE A FEW DON'T CARE

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:52
Never mind Ken. It seems to be in a lot of places on the net. It can certainly get ones blood to boil but it would be nice to have all of the facts checked. I suspect most are true.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Thanks Ken. Unfortunately Snopes gives this a Yellow Bullet. Still, has enough truth in it to make one really mad.
Yellow bullets generally describe disputed claims — factual items which the available evidence is too contradictory or insufficient to establish as either true or false. This category also includes claims that have a kernel of truth to them but are not literally true as stated. (For example, an entry that read "Soupy Sales was fired for asking children to send him 'little green pieces of paper' on his TV show" would fit this classification because even though Soupy Sales did make such a request, he was not fired for doing so.) Some legends also fall into this classification when it cannot be determined whether the legends preceded similar real life events, or vice-versa.

R

Rich

Funny how such trivia brings howls of protest and yet Bushs' war in Iraq alone will exceed 1 trillion dollars, why haven't the taxpayers slung Bush and his cronies out yet?

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:52
Never mind Ken. It seems to be in a lot of places on the net. It can certainly get ones blood to boil but it would be nice to have all of the facts checked. I suspect most are true.

Hey RG,

I work in the medical community in the state of Texas and mainly work with children. I have done so for going on 21 years. Over the past 7 years I have seen a dramatic change in our business. Approximately 70 to 75% of our business comes from Medicaid. In that time frame my customer base has become approximately 75% Hispanic. Of that 75%, well over half are not here legally. How has this changed things? The state of Texas has mandated less spending on the products we provide. Has begun to regulate what we can provide for these disabled children (translated means we have to use much cheaper products, which do not work, and are not appropriate for the child's needs). It is draining the funding in the Medicaid program and more importantly it is causing the tax dollars to be spent on folks here illegally at the sacrifice of the funding not going to the folks it was originally meant for. We have a real mess here. My experiences (first hand) are what was written above has to be at least somewhat accurate, if not right on. My job makes me go to a lot of schools to take care of these kids and the programs at the school are way out of balance as to what some kids are receiving compared to the programs of the kids who are born and raised here.

KenHigg

Local time
Funny how such trivia brings howls of protest and yet Bushs' war in Iraq alone will exceed 1 trillion dollars, why haven't the taxpayers slung Bush and his cronies out yet?

Funny after years of like dribble you still think anyone here cares what you say - :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 05:52
Funny after years of like dribble you still think anyone here cares what you say - :)

Don't dismiss what Rich says as trivia. The US dollar is low on the world markets ($2 = £1 for starters) and the US is going into recession like a car over a cliff.
There are record reposessions of US houses due to mortgage defaults and the US sub-prime mortgage scandals have rippled through the world stockmarkets.

Why do you think the USA cut .75% off the interest rate this week? Don't you read the papers? To avoid a Dow-Jones crash that's why.

Yet spending a trillion+ dollars on a lost war is ok?

You really need to get out more Ken.

The USA is on a slippery slope, lets hope the next president will do better. I'm sure she will, her husband was a good one. It may be better to invest in Rubles rather than crappy dollars.

R

Rich

Seems rather hostile towards people coming into North America and just taking whatever they want... that is not right!
I agree... in fact North America has been going down hill ever since Europeans started the invasion in the early 1500s. Here are all your blankets, glass beads, muskets and whiskey back.
NOW GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM!

And if it wasn't for us you'd all be speaking French:eek::p

KenHigg

Local time
Don't dismiss what Rich says as trivia. The US dollar is low on the world markets ($2 = £1 for starters) and the US is going into recession like a car over a cliff.
There are record reposessions of US houses due to mortgage defaults and the US sub-prime mortgage scandals have rippled through the world stockmarkets.

Why do you think the USA cut .75% off the interest rate this week? Don't you read the papers? To avoid a Dow-Jones crash that's why.

Yet spending a trillion+ dollars on a lost war is ok?

You really need to get out more Ken.

The USA is on a slippery slope, lets hope the next president will do better. I'm sure she will, her husband was a good one. It may be better to invest in Rubles rather than crappy dollars.

Your opinions on the US mean nothing to me - save your breath. 'Worthless'. Get the picture? :)

In fact, you have recently been compared to Mike - That should speak volumes.

Look in the mirror and take your own advice _

My suggestion - get the USA in order first, then start lecturing the rest of the world.

Get the UK in order first - :)

Cheers - :)

(How was the scooter trip? What was the 'wood' floating thing you mentioned, did a ship sink?)

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Thanks for the input ShaneMan. Kind of says it all for me.

KenHigg

Local time
I realize this may be hard concept for you to fathom, but ditto for you - :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 05:52
Your opinions on the US mean nothing to me

That's because you are insular and suffering from tunnel vision. You can't see beyond your white picket fenced garden with the US flag in it.

It's not an opinion - it's fact. Read the papers or watch your censored TV news - better still look at the BBC news website.

'Worthless' - yes that sums up the US dollar these days.

Didn't you know the Dow-Jones suffered its biggest crash last monday since 2001 when the towers fell over? Thats why you had a 0.75% interest rate cut, sadly though only a short term answer.

Col

ps - yes a ship sunk in the English channel (the water between UK and France) during a storm carrying hundreds of tons of wood - most of which is on the south coast.

KenHigg

Local time
That's because you are insular and suffering from tunnel vision. You can't see beyond your white picket fenced garden with the US flag in it.

It's not an opinion - it's fact. Read the papers or watch your censored TV news - better still look at the BBC news website..

And I'd say it's you with tunnel vision -

Your news source is a state owned biased mechanism designed to keep your type focused on the problems in other countries so that you spend type harping on them instead of looking at how your own coutry is screwed up - :)

ps - yes a ship sunk in the English channel (the water between UK and France) during a storm carrying hundreds of tons of wood - most of which is on the south coast.

Are people picking it up and making away with it - ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom