Thanks Bastanu, I was looking for a utility to do the comparison. The File Specs? A joke. The website provided the attached Excel spreadsheet and told us to upload as a .csv. They did not tell us that each .csv had to have a .pdf affidavit attached.Thanks for the files, they seem identical other than some decimals on some of the fields. I actually saved the Before file in Excel (2013) and my trusted ExamDiff app told me they are identical:https://www.prestosoft.com/edp_examdiff.asp
Are the expected file specifications public and if yes could you please share them?
I used (a long time ago when I was the e911 database manager for a big telco) to deal with a lot of text file transfers and the way I found it worked best was to actually employ local tables that were set up to match the expected specifications (some were fixed width and some were character delimited with different settings/precisions for each field) instead of using select queries. So I would empty the local (temp) table first, run an append query to add the data, which would be forced into the right format, export the table and repeat. Of course this would end up bloating the working file but running a compact and repair every once in a while wasn't that hard.
I did some additional testing. The CSVExport Specification first used Western European (Windows), which is what it defaulted to, for the Code Page. In NotePad, the bottom said it was an UTF-8. I changed it to use Unicode. NotePad showed it as UTF-16E and Excel seemed to open up the file as one column. I then used US-ASCII and OEM United States. NotePad showed both as UTF-8. The three Code Pages that were UTF-8 all rejected with a message 'Index was outside the bounds of the array' (I know, tells me a lot).