Transparent sub form (1 Viewer)

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:44
Hi all,

i have a report with an image as a back ground
i also have a sub report on this main report
i set the controls of the sub report to back style as transparent but it seems like the sub report properties takes priority
I can not get the sub report to be transparent to display all of the image

1593607647565.png

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:44
no, you can't you can only make a subform or report visible or hidden - you are effectively wanting to make the detail/header/footer section transparent which cannot be done. Suggest adjust the size/position of your image so they do not overlap (or move the sub report)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:44
If that is a watermark, create an image, put it in an image control and make sure the control is transparent and on top of everything else. You can hide the image control so that the same report can be used for any situation, such as "approved" or "draft" for example. Can use Word Art to make the watermark.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
think you will find that in terms of Z order (order of windows overlayed), subforms/reports trump all other controls for staying on top. The only control that can be on top of a subform/report is another subform/report

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hmm. A web browser control can definitely be on top of a subform.

1593646632404.png

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I stand corrected - but image controls/listboxes/combos/textboxes can't. It may be the nature of the object - a web browser control is a bit like a subform in that it can contain multiple other objects with a subordinate Z values.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom