Trendline Predicting (1 Viewer)

captain1974

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:34
Access 2003.
I am trying to create a chart that has an x axis containing date values and I want that axis to extend past the last date and corresponding plot on the graph. The trendline will then extend into this forecasting area. For example, to predict sales or profit in the future.

There is an article by microsoft for how to do this with excel:
http://office.microsoft.com/home/video.aspx?assetid=XT010939811033&width=884&height=540&startindex=0&CTT=11&Origin=HA010929231033#

It appears that excel allows you to do this as part of the format trendline options, but there is no such option with access.
Does anyone know a way of doing this?

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:34
You seem to be forgetting that Access is a database program; not a datamanipulation program per se, even though data is commonly manipulated in Access.

captain1974

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:34
You seem to be forgetting that Access is a database program; not a datamanipulation program per se, even though data is commonly manipulated in Access.

This chart isn't my main reason for the existence of the database that I am creating. I believe I have built (or part built) a database for all the right reasons of database functionality and features.
However, it would be extremely useful if that feature of charting could be "manipulated" to appear in one of my reports I previously described.
It would be inefficient to have to export to excel for this feature alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom