Trying to create form for weekday-specific task checklist (1 Viewer)

mossikukulas

Local time
Today, 13:03
Hi all

I'm new to this forum and Access itself.
I was looking to create a database to migrate a paper process from my team.

Currently the paper process is as follows:
- there are 6 sets of daily tasks, one for each weekday (Mon to Fri) and 6th set for 'start of month' tasks
- some are morning tasks, some are afternoon tasks, some end of day, it's varied..
- the team prints off each set of tasks and using the paper copy they put their initials next to each task they've completed
- each task can only be done by one person
- they pass the piece of paper between them to see which tasks are still outstanding
- at the end of the day they scan a pdf copy and save it in a network folder

What I would like to do is the following:
- migrate this process to a database so they work off a single form for each day instead of passing the paper around
- have a form for each day of the week(and one for start of month tasks) with the corresponding tasks for each day where they can tick off that it's completed, put their initials and the time it has taken them to perform the task and what is outstanding
- write into a table(s) all this info so I can then pull a MI report with who has done what task and on what day and what time it has taken them to do it as currently I'm not getting this information
- in my mind and the way I'm imagining it I should be able to go back to a different date to see what was done on that date and by whom (possibly a combo box on the header of the main form)

I've been going around in circles trying to find the best way to do that and how many different tables are needed and how they should be linked..?
Can only point me in the right direction please?
Not sure if this was the right place for this topic so if it's not please let me know and I'll post it elsewhere.
Many thanks in advance! :D

mossikukulas

Local time
Today, 13:03
You may find my Check List Blog useful:-

How to add a Checklist to MS Access

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hi Uncle Gizmo, thank you for that! :)
It seems a bit complicated for my level of knowledge but I'll play around with it to see if I can get it to work for me. If there's a simpler way without the SQL functions it'd be appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom